The Ecology of Cooperative Learning in Elementary Physical Education Classes
- Classroom Management: Great Ideas for Those Crucial First Weeks. // Instructor;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p14
The article presents tips from teachers on managing the classroom during the first weeks of the school year. Sylvia Gomez-Soriano of El Paso, Texas applies the Team Point System which involves making students responsible for team learning, area tidiness and appropriate noise levels. Margaret...
- Book it with your buds. // Campus Life;Dec95, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p38
Reports on guidelines for students when participating in an organized study group. Size of the group; Flexibility; Consistency.
- Empowered teams in the classroom can work. Jones, Douglas W. // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on applications of the team learning approach in education. Reason for the use of teams in the classroom; Features of the approach; Benefits; Problems with the traditional classroom system. INSET: Two examples designing accountability and...
- Involving students through learning groups. // Journal of Developmental Education;Winter95, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p38
Presents some pointers on incorporating learning groups in college classes. Cooperative learning activities; Formation of heterogeneous groups of two to seven students; Format ideas offered.
- Collaboration works. // Reading Teacher;Feb95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p373
Editorial. Argues in favor of collaborative or cooperative learning in classrooms for increasing students' learning. Application of collaboration notion in the editorship of The Reading Teacher (RT) and the impact of the same.
- Workshops get parents involved. // Curriculum Review;Apr90, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p15
Introduces a project called `Partners in Learning' where Jefferson County Public Schools in Colorado are asking parents to become more involved in their children's education. Speaker of the project and its topic; Sponsor of the Partners in Learning project; What the projects offered as...
- Encouraging group cooperation. Malloy, Teresa // Science Scope;Sep97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p57
Discusses how the system of team work help students to cooperate with others. What are the participation guidelines; How responsibility is organized; Incentives for the students.
- Laboratory Exercise in Behavioral Genetics Using Team-based Learning Strategies. PETERSON, ELIZABETH K.; CARRICO, PAULINE // Bioscene;Dec2015, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p32
In this paper, we describe a two-week learning module where students tested the role of the fruitless gene on aggression and courtship in Drosophila melanogaster via team-based learning (TBL) strategies. The purpose of this module was to determine if TBL could be used in the future as a platform...
- Effective Task Design for the TBL Classroom. Roberson, Bill; Franchini, Billie // Journal on Excellence in College Teaching;2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3/4, p275
Group and team tasks are the culminating outputs of student learning in team and collaborative learning environments. How they are conceived and designed, therefore, can directly determine the success of the pedagogical strategy. A key design issue for creating effective tasks is how best to...