- Leading as scholars & educators. PARKER, JO ELLEN // Liberal Education;Fall98, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p8
Identifies the core ideas which inform discussions of collaborative leadership in the United States. Themes in descriptions of collaborative leadership; Implications of collaborative leadership for the academic world; Discussion on the tradition of collaboration.
- Cooperative Learning Structures in Use. Dillon, Robert // Principal Leadership;Sep2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p50
The article presents the five structures of the Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures that provide the most leverage for middle school students. They include Think Pair Share, Round Robin, Numbered Heads Together, Rally Coach and Quiz Quiz Trade. It is stated that the best careers and positions...
- CASE STUDY OF CHARACTERISTICS OF EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP IN GRADUATE STUDENT COLLABORATIVE WORK. Duemer, Lee S.; Christopher, Mary; Hardin, Fred; Olibas, Lezlie; Rodgers, Terry; Spiller, Kevin // Education;Summer2004, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p721
The purpose of the study was to determine the effective leadership characteristics of graduate students working in a collaborative setting. A secondary goal was be to develop recommendations that will help faculty better utilize group collaboration as a learning experience for graduate students....
- UN EJEMPLO DE LIDERAZGO DISTRIBUIDO. Bergós, Mónica // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;jan2015, Issue 452, p79
No abstract available.
- Research notes Research notes. Marshall, Michael // Education Journal;Jan2005, Issue 82, p26
This article reports that the third annual National College for School Leadership (NCSL) Research Associates conference was held at the NCSL conference centre in Nottingham, England in November 2004. This article explores some of the major topics discussed at the conference, as well as some of...
- Education Department to Hold Summer Teacher Workshops. Honawar, Vaishali // Education Week;4/6/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p24
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Education will hold six summer workshops for teachers on what it sees as the latest research and strategies for raising student achievement. Workshops in the Teacher-to-Teacher initiative will cover literacy and reading, mathematics, science, and...
- Group Processes: Some Implications in the Field of Education. Leton, Donald A. // Education;Oct1952, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p135
The article discusses some of the principles involved in group work and the implications that are suggestive for education in the U.S. It is perfectly feasible that superintendents, principals, supervisors, and others, use group procedures to encourage the open expression of feelings of...
- Discovering Teamwork. Knabb, Maureen T. // American Biology Teacher;Mar2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p211
Presents a cooperative group learning technique that encourage group interdependence among students called `discovering teamwork.' How to structure `discovering teamwork'; Incentives for group learning; Conclusion.
- Cooperative learning begins with team building. // Curriculum Review;Apr92, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Discusses the significance of teamwork and social skills in using cooperative learning in math class. Activity teaches by Gail Sutton for building teamwork in her class; Steps of the activity; Results of the activity conducted by Sutton; More.