Screening and Brief Intervention for Underage Drinkers
- ST. CHARLES COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT incident reports. // St. Charles Journal;6/13/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 24, pA3
This section presents May 2012 incident reports from the St. Charles County, Missouri Sheriff's Department. The owner of a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder reported on May 22 that someone entered the vehicle while it was parked in the 700 block of Gran Lin Drive and stole an iPhone and medication. A group...
- City putting cork on liquor sales to minors. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;6/13/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 24, pA1
The article reports on a compliance program conducted by police in Wentzville, Missouri to help control under-age drinking which found that out of 25 businesses in the area, four had violated the program.
- Staff efforts to reduce their alcohol intake fall flat. // Nursing Standard;8/14/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p10
Only one in four NHS staff in Wales who set themselves a goal of drinking less alcohol as part of a national health campaign managed to cut their consumption, an evaluation reveals.
- Assessing Community Coalition Capacity and its Association with Underage Drinking Prevention Effectiveness in the Context of the SPF SIG. Flewelling, Robert; Hanley, Sean // Prevention Science;Oct2016, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p830
Community coalitions are a prominent organizational structure through which community-based substance abuse prevention efforts are implemented. There is little empirical evidence, however, regarding the association between coalition attributes and success in achieving community-level reductions...
- policy healthcare. Viebeck, Elise // Hill;7/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 93, p17
The article offers news brief related to the U.S. healthcare policies as of July 23, 2012 including a report on alcohol consuption by pregnant women, a warning to six-federal agencies by U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley and the release of a report detailing the impact of the U.S. Affordable Care Act...
- Mum's the Word on Alcohol Use. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/5/2014, Vol. 311 Issue 9, p895
The article reports that only one in six U.S. adults discuss their alcohol intake with a health care professional, which was revealed by the 2011 data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System and shows the barriers faced by health care workers on screening alcohol misuse.
- Credible research tells the real health story. Evans, Paul // Wine & Viticulture Journal;May/Jun2013, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p11
The article reports on the increasing problems on alcohol use and alcohol-related harms of minorities in Australia. It mentions the findings of National Drug Strategy Household Surveys (NDSHS) which states that there was an increase case of alcohol-related physical abuse in the country. Details...
- Stress and Alcohol. Keyes, K. M.; hatzenbuehler, M. L.; Grant, Bridget F.; Hasin, Deborah S. // Alcohol Research: Current Reviews;2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p391
Exposure to stress often is psychologically distressing. The impact of stress on alcohol use and the risk of alcohol use disorders (AUDs) depends on the type, timing during the life course, duration, and severity of the stress experienced. Four important categories of stressors that can...
- Under age, over the limit. Plummer, Meghan // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);4/15/2010, Vol. 115 Issue 58, pB1
The article discusses the consequences of underage drinking on campus at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. It highlights the involvement of Mike Reis, who was the subject of incident reports of Fletcher Hall for underage possession of alcohol. Chief of University Police Michael Melland and...