FOR THE RECORD
- When Crisis Go Global, CNN Has Edge on Rivals. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1
Reports the availability of Cable Network News (CNN) in many markets abroad. Failure of Fox News Channel to gain international distributions; Conversion of National Broadcasting Corporation feeds to National Geographic Channel; Competition between CNBC and CNN.
- Elective Viewership. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;03/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p8
Looks at the ratings of cable news networks in election news in the United States in 2000. Ratings of CNN and Fox News Channel during the Super Tuesday primary in March; Factors affecting the ratings of cable news networks; Remarks from Steve Capus, executive producer of MSNBC's `The News With...
- Fox News Net Narrows Gap with CNN. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;03/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
Reports that the Fox News Channel surpassed the 60 million subscriber mark in the United States in February 2001. Narrowing of Cable News Network's lead in the distribution race; Cox Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp.'s rollout of the Fox News Channel sooner than was originally scheduled.
- Dobbs, Cavuto Rise In Biz-News Battles. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the domination of Cable News Network (CNN) and Fox News Channel (FNC) on CNBC's Business Center. Growth of the ratings of 'Your World With Neil Cavuto' and 'Lou Dobbs Moneyline; Moneyline' as the top evening business show; Average ratings of 'Business Ratings.'
- CNN, FNC Share Crown. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p6
Reports the rivalry between Cable News Network (CNN) and Fox News Channel in the all-news category in the United States. Competition in primetime rating; Dominance of CNN in the number of subscribers; Top-rating news programs.
- Everything old is news again. Gray, Verne // Adweek Western Edition;03/17/97, Vol. 47 Issue 11, Cable Report p8
Focuses on the efforts of cable news upstarts, MSNBC and Fox News Channel (FNC), to compete with the cable-news operations of CNN by recycling old news footages. Low audience levels for both services; MSNBC's crucial advantages over the FNC upstart; MSNBC's efforts to promote its new service;...
- Everything old is news again. Gay, Verne // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/17/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 11, Cable Report p8
Reports on the implications of new cable television networks' entry in news broadcasting in the United States. Low audience levels for cable news services; Performance of cable television networks MSNBC and Fox News Channel; Success of MSNBC's launching; Cable News Network's (CNN) measures to...
- Lifetime maintains cable lead. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/3/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 24, p5
Presents ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Lifetime with 2.2 rating; Fox News Channel with 1.2 rating; USA Network with 1.04 rating.
- A tip of the hat to HGTV, Nickelodeon-and Giuliani. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;12/9/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 50, pS2
Looks at three cable television networks and their marketing efforts in 1996. Nickelodeon; The Home & Garden Television network; The Fox News Channel; The assistance of New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
- C-SPAN's loss is Fox News's gain. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;01/13/97, Vol. 127 Issue 2, p128
Reports that C-SPAN cable television network has been forced out on 11 cable systems. Number of subscribers lost by C-SPAN2; Competition from Fox News Channel; Features of News Corp.'s loan deal with TCI for Fox News Channel channel space; News Corp.'s alleged offer of ten dollars per subscriber...