Top MSOs Deploy Nearly 20M CableCard Set-Tops
- India needs 75 million STBs for phases III and IV of cable TV digitisation plan. Sen, Srabani // Electronics Bazaar;Sep2013, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the need of India for 75 million set-top boxes (STBs) to complete phases III and IV of cable television (TV) digitisation plan in the country in 2013. Topics include the encouragement for STB manufacturers to start manufacturing, statement of Supriya Sahu, joint secretary...
- BLOWING it upâ€¦. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Jun2005, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p38
The article reports on the conditional access (CA) system and its existence in the U.S. market. The cable industry in the nation is exploring the concept of downloadable security in the place of using CA systems hardware into the set top. When the Federal Communications Commission of the nation...
- COUNTDOWN TO 'SEVEN OH SEVEN' Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p35
The article comments on the implications of the deadline that would prohibit cable television operators from deploying set-top boxes with security by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The FCC issued navigational device rules concerning the point of deployment modules in 1998. The...
- MIB to not press for DAS Phase III execution till High Courts rule on pending cases. // Indiantelevision.com;1/19/2016, p11
The article reports on the decision of India's Information and Broadcasting Ministry to not set top box (STB) in 2016. Topics covered include the dismissal of a petition filed by cable operator Parbobh Rattan regarding the shortage of (STB) in the country as well as the position of India's...
- Road Blocks. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on challenges faced by Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasters in India including reductions in terms of funding, cost of migration and simulcast with regard to new standards, and need to purchase of a new set top box and antenna to switch to DTT.
- You On Demand launches movie service on Xiaomi OTT STBs. // China Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the commercial debut of the You Cinema movie subscription service by multiplatform entertainment company You On Demand Holdings on the Xiaomi over-the-top (OTT) set-top box (STB) as part of its distribution deal with Future TV, the subsidiary of China Network Television...
- HULU EYES PAY-TV DEALS. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 18, p15
The article reports that subscription service Hulu is talking with pay-TV providers to offer Hulu Plus to subscribers and integrate the service into their set-top boxes.
- AT&T to Put 'Genie' Into U-Verse's Bottle. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the decision of the pay television provider AT&T to shift its U-verse television service to DirecTV's set-top box architecture which is expected to leverage a unified, cloud-based platform and mentions its implication for Arris, which supplies boxes for U-verse.
- Marching Ahead. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on the strategy of Direct To Home (DTH) broadcasting operators in India to enhance their reach including innovative services or set top boxes (STBs), unlimited recording and 4K resolution, and mentions growth in DTH subscribers.