- By Snobs, For Snobs. Son, Jason // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2008, Issue 276, p4
The article reports on the publication called "Snob," by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov. While the dictionary characterizes a snob as having disdain for the socially inferior, the head of "Snob," Andrei Shmarov, says the word holds a different meaning for Russians. He says Russians...
- MY PHILANTHROPIC PLEDGE. Buffett, Warren // Fortune International (Europe);7/5/2010, Vol. 162 Issue 1, p46
In this article financier and billionaire Warren Buffett explains why he has made a commitment to gradually give all of his Berkshire Hathaway stock to philanthropic foundations and why he is asking other American billionaires to pledge at least 50 percent of their wealth to charity. Buffett...
- Wealthy donors support charity income generation. // Charities Management;Early Summer 2010, Issue 72, p10
The article reports on the poll conducted by the Social Investment Consultancy which reveals that high net worth individuals are keen to support charity income generation schemes in third sector organizations in Great Britain.
- HOT SHOT. // Finweek;8/19/2010, p8
The article reports on the 60-billion dollar donation from several billionaires all over the world for the Giving Pledge initiative founded by Microsoft Corp.'s Bill Gates and investment guru Warren Buffett to aid health-related research and help the less fortunate.
- KLUB PROKHOROV. Idov, Michael // New York;6/7/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p22
The article discusses Russian immigrants to New York City, and features several notable ones who have made an impact in the city. It states that Russians arrived in the city in four stages over time, starting with royalists in the late 1880s, to an influx in the 1970s, followed by mostly Jews in...
- Youngest Mega-Millionaires Lead the Charge for Impact Investing. // Millionaire Corner;Sep2012, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
The article reports that 34 percent of ultra-wealthy people are aware of the concept of impact investing, which targets social or environmental challenges while generating financial returns, and interested in pursuing it to promote social good and use their wealth in a productive manner. About...
- Developing The Middle For Wealth Prospects. // NonProfit Times;5/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the result of a study suggesting that charitable organizations and fundraisers should not focus on finding wealthy people but people who are willing to give.
- Charitable giving options increase for wealthy individuals in N.O. Martin, Steve // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p25
Reports on the increase of charitable giving options for wealthy individuals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Establishment of philanthropic legacy; Expected growth of charitable giving.
- Expected, Unfamiliar Names Among S.D.'s Wealthiest. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, pA2
Features some of the wealthiest people in San Diego, California. Names to to the business world and other industries; Donations made by these people to charities; Information about how the list was compiled and how the values were determined.