- John Sperling. Adamson, Loch // Inc.;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p147
Profiles John Sperling, entrepreneur and founder of the University of Phoenix and chairman of its holding company, the Apollo Group. Life of Sperling as a poor college student; Program launched by Sperling for working adults; Success of Apollo Group under Sperling.
- Apollo Group: The US Education Providers' Growth Strategies. // FedUni Journal of Higher Education;Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p48
The article presents a case study on the growth of Apollo Group (Apollo) education company in the U.S. Apollo was started by John G. Sperling in 1973 dedicated to provide adults with higher education programs who wants to pursue their education in a regular-scheduled classes. With Sperling...
- TOUCHINGbase. // Nature Genetics;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p13
Presents news updates on genetics as of January 2003. Decision of University of Phoenix founder John Sperling to channel his funds to finance the Genetic Savings & Clone; Animal model for studying ischemia.
- BRAVE NEW WORLD FOR HIGHER EDUCATION. Schrage, Michael // Technology Review;Oct2001, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p90
Reviews the books 'Rebel With a Cause,' by John Sperling and 'Higher Ed, Inc.,' by Richard S. Ruch.
- People ... // Educational Marketer;Jan2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p7
The article announces career development in the U.S. education industry including the appointment of Mark Short as senior vice president of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Terri Bishop as vice chair of the board of Apollo Group Inc. and the retirement of John Sperling as executive chairman of Apollo.
- Professional conduct: summary reports. // Accountancy;Aug2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1320, p112
The article presents summary reports on disciplinary proceedings by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). These include: the case of Iain Edward Crockatt who allegedly signed audit reports of companies when not registered as an auditor; the case of Philip Bright...
- THE HARD LIFE AND RESTLESS MIND OF AMERICA'S EDUCATION BILLIONAIRE. Breen, Bill // Fast Company;Mar2003, Issue 68, p80
Presents an interview with John Sperling, chairman of the Apollo Group Inc. and founder of the University of Phoenix in Arizona. Personal background; Career highlights; Impact of a strike of the American Federation of Teachers in 1968 on his life; Information on how he was able to create the...
- Man of Steel. Brown, Heidi; Vardi, Nathan // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p40
Features Russian billionaire Alexander Shnaider. Personal background of the billionaire; Challenges faced by Shnaider following his decision to venture out of Ukraine and in the steel industry; Description of Shnaider as a businessman.
- Soaring Wealth. Evans, Katie // Forbes Asia;2010 Special Issue, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p37
The article presents information on the top ten gainers on the world's billionaires list. Mexican phone man Carlos Slim has added 18.5 dollar billions to his fortune in the past year. India's Savitri Jindal, nonexecutive chair of conglomerate O.P. Jindal Group, added 9.5 billion dollars to her...