- President presses credit card companies on rates. Youngman, Sam // Hill;4/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p1
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama encourages credit card companies to act on its policies regarding higher rates on existing balances.
- Pew Urges Common Sense On CARD Act. Hochstein, Marc // CardLine;2/19/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the statement of the Pew Charitable Trust regarding the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act's penalty fees, implemented by President Barack Obama in the U.S.
- Obama woos GOP sens. one at a time. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;2/4/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the favor asked by President Barack Obama to Republican senators to support the economic stimulus package in line with his economic recovery plan in the U.S.
- Why President Obama is failing. Palley, Thomas I. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;12/16/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 20, p2
The article focuses on the ineffectiveness of U.S. President Barack Obama's economic policy due to the repetition of the 1990s paradigm in the U.S.
- How Obama's socialism works. Morris, Dick // Hill;5/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p25
The article presents the author's views on how the economic policy of U.S. President Barack Obama works.
- Card Industry Goes After Best Payers. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;6/1/2009, p16
The article reports on the strategies of credit card companies to gain profits and their ways of giving rewards to best customers in the U.S. These companies imposed fees and penalties on customers with delinquent accounts, while the best customers received cash-back rewards and other perks. A...
- Credit-card issuers to market to 'deadbeats' Bulik, Beth Snyder // Advertising Age;5/25/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that credit card companies plan to focus more marketing at so-called "deadbeat" consumers, those customers who pay their balances in full each month. The nickname indicates that the credit card issuers make less money off those customers, who pay no interest on outstanding...
- New credit-card rules will help, but…. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Aug2009, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p3
The article offers information on new rules intended to protect credit card holders signed by U.S. President Barack Obama into law in May 2009. The law, Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure Act, and most of its provisions will take effect in February 2009. Supported by the...
- Obama Praises New Credit Card Law. Hopkins, Cheyenne // CardLine;2/26/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has welcomed implementation of the Credit Card Accountability Act, which he signed in May 2009. As stated, the Act would prohibit issuers from raising interest rates unless a cardholder is 60 days late, ban double-cycle billing and stop...