Privacy Law Update Urged
- Lawmakers Support Broadband-Access Bill. Daniels, Edward F. // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p48
Reports on the proposed Broadband Internet Access Act in the United States. Availability of high-speed Internet access to poor and rural communities; Provisions of the legislation; Government incentives for broadband services.
- PROTECTING ONLINE PRIVACY. Colson, Robert H.; King, Chula G. // CPA Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p66
Presents information on the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act enacted by the United States Congress to prevent privacy risks faced by Internet users and certified public accountants. Provisions of the Act; Information on computer viruses and worms; Technologies used in building the profile of an Internet...
- A Web full of lies. Granatstein, Lisa // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/15/97, Issue 50, Time digital p17
Answers two questions about the Internet and United States law, which cover libel suits and electronic publishing.
- TAKE CARE WHEN USING CONTENT FROM THE WEB. Barnett, Vanessa // New Media Age;4/17/2003, Special section p7
Discusses the relevant laws covering substance of the Internet conten in Great Britain. Online contents in which copyright issues may arise; Suggestions in avoiding infringement of third-party copyright in content; Characteristics of Internet content which may lead to criminal sanctions.
- Senators Update Cyber Legislation Prohibiting Feds From Shutting Down Internet. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/22/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p6
The article presents information on the Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act of 2011, introduced by three Senators including Senator Joseph Lieberman in the House of Representatives in the U.S.
- Stacking the Net censorship board. Kidman, Angus; Yiacoumi, Roulla // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the controversy concerning the implementation of the Broadcasting Service Amendment Act of 1999 in Australia. Appointment of an advisory council to oversee Net content blocking issues; Members of NetAlert.
- Cyber seduction. Shapiro, Andrew L. // New York;04/21/97, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p22
Focuses on a New York law that makes it a felony to transmit indecent material to a minor over the Internet. Similarity to the federal Communications Decency Act under review by the Supreme Court; Question of whether the state legislation is more useful for scoring political points than for...
- Company data on the internet. // Accountancy;Jan1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1265, p19
The article reports on the considerations being made by the British government on the possibility of early legislation to allow the use of Internet by companies and their shareholders. The move comes in the light of responses to the Department of Trade and Industry's (DTI) preliminary...
- IIAA Future One Detailed Study Delves Into Current Internet Sales Tool With Regulatory Implications. // Insurance Advocate;05/29/99, Vol. 110 Issue 22, p10
Presents information on the report `E-Commerce and the Law: Regulatory Industry,' commissioned by FutureOne, the co-operative effort involving the Insurance Agents Association of America. Why the insurance industry has been leery of engaging in online insurance sales transactions; Major...