Verizon Calls Foul on MSG
- Turner looks to HDTV. // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Focuses on an announcement by Time Warner vice chairman, Ted Turner that Turner Network Television and Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS), is planning to go to high-definition television (HDTV). Where did he make this announcement; What advice did he have for broadcasters; Additional information...
- HBO goes HDTV; now who's next? McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p4
Questions whether other networks will follow the move by Home Box Office (HBO) and to high-definition television (HDTV). When is HBO expected to begin broadcasting in HDTV; Why are other broadcasters weighing the multichannel options; Comments from cable operators.
- Encore going HDTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/94, Vol. 124 Issue 22, p54
Reports that Encore will launch a high definition television (HDTV) programming service as soon as the Federal Communications Commission settles on a transmission standard.
- Discovery sees a future with HDTV. Galetto, Mike // Electronic Media;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p47
Announces that the Discovery Channel cable television network is launching a high-definition television (HDTV) service. Who made the announcement; Comments from chief executive officer of Discovery Channel, John Hendricks; Details on Discovery Channel's interest in digital technology.
- HBO to launch HDTV in 1998. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/16/97, Vol. 127 Issue 25, p60
Reports on the plan of Home Box Office's (HBO) plan to begin transmitting HDTV programming in 1998. HBO as the first national cable network to announce support of the broadcasters' new digital television standards; Turn around for the cable network; Company's belief in multiplexed...
- HD BELIEVERS. K.K. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/11/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the shooting of television pilot programs in a high definition (HD) format in the U.S. Show to be aired in Paramount Domestic Television network filmed in HD; Other studios considering the idea.
- HDTV Stars Finally Aligned. Bednarski, P. J.; Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;1/2/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the launch of television channels for high definition television (HDTV) programming at the Consumer Electronics Show to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2006. ESPN is encouraging consumers to choose HDTV for its range of programming. The National Geographic Channel...
- South East Asia: StarHub steps up pace to woo subscribers for new HDTV package. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/26/2007, p54
The article reports on the launch of the high definition television (HDTV) package called "HD Plus" by StarHub Ltd. The package includes the Discovery and National Geographic channels. In order to sign up for HD Plus, consumers will have to first subscribe to at least three basic groups in...
- The Sopranos hit hi-def. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/08/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p76
Reports that Home Box Office has remastered the second season of the television program 'The Sopranos' to high definition television.