Through the Wire
- Big League Chew. Santo, Brian // CED;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p3
In this article the author reflects on the impact of the mergers of cable companies to the industry citing the deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast's do-good push. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/12/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Comcast will further boost local programming and will undertake a 15-million-per-year public service campaign on digital literacy and childhood nutrition as part of its proposed combination with NBC Universal.
- Orgs assail Comcast deal. HARRIS, PAUL // Daily Variety;8/20/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the opposition of a host of industry organizations, consumer, and media watchdog groups to a merger deal between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. in 2010.
- European regulators approve merger of Comcast and NBC. Jerome, Sara // Hill;7/15/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 82, p20
The article reports on the approval by European regulators of a Comcast Corp.'s merger deal with NBC Universal Inc. in 2010.
- Comcast wins government approval to take over NBC. // Chicago Weekend;1/26/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. government for Comcast Corp., the largest cable company in the U.S., to buy 51% of NBC Universal Inc.
- NBCU Deal Terms Comcastically Real, Two Years Later. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;9/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p32
The article discusses the deal between media firm NBCUniversal Inc. and Comcast Corp. approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on January 18, 2011 and term were agreed by Comcast as per which Comast has to make its content available to online video distributors (OVDs).
- NBCU Deal Looks Good to FCC DOJ. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
The article explores the confidential report to U.S. Congress on the proposed deal by Comcast Corp. to gain control over NBC Universal Inc.
- Feds mull marriage. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/13/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 49, p20
The article offers updates on the proposed merger between cable operator and home Internet and telephone service provider Comcast Corp. and media and entertainment company NBC Universal Inc. in the U.S.
- Comcast Q3: Lack Of Hit Film, TV Shows Hurt NBCU. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;10/22/2014, p00
A weak quarter at NBCUniversal could weigh on