Sale of Insight Stake Stokes M&A Momentum
- Going Private, Getting Ready. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the decision made by Insight Communications Inc. to go private in March 2005. Partnership of Insight with Carlyle Group; Decline in the stock price of Insight in 2004; Ownership by Comcast Corp. of the systems of Insight.
- Insight Auction Put on Hold. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p8
The article reports that private equity firm Carlyle Group has put on hold its auction of the cable company, Insight Communications. According to the author, the decision was made by Carlyle because some prices for Insight allegedly fell short of expectations and because of difficulties in...
- Carlyle Cashes Out of Boston Private. Cumming, Chris // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/29/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p14
The article reports on the decision of Carlyle Group LP to sell off the last of its stake in Boston Private Financial Holdings Inc., an affiliate of the private equity firm.
- Carlyle office sales yield 36% return. // EuroProperty;2004, p3
U.S.-based fund manager Carlyle Group has sold five offices in Paris, France and one in Milan, Italy, in a â‚¬ 250m-plus deal reflecting a 36% average internal rate of return. Carlyle's â‚¬ 430m Europe Real Estate Partners (CEREP) fund sold the assets, bought in 2001 and 2002, to...
- Freeport to expand with â‚¬190m boost. // Estates Gazette;10/24/2009, Issue 942, p37
This article reports on the return of outlet mall investor and developer Freeport to the acquisition trail after completing a refinancing deal. Also, the firm has completed the sale of a development site in Roppenheim, Germany. Freeport's 190 million British pound facility from Bank of America...
- U.S., China are key markets for Carlyle, Rubenstein says. DIAMOND, RANDY // Pensions & Investments;4/15/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p8
The article discusses commentary from David Rubenstein of private-equity firm The Carlyle Group in which he expressed his belief that the U.S. will be the leading venue for investments made by Carlyle, and that the most important emerging market is China.
- Carlyle out of Esanda running. Thompson, Sarah; Macdonald, Anthony; Mitchell, Jake // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/1/2015, p36
The article reports that private equity firm Carlyle Group LP has dropped out of the auction for the ANZ Bank's Esanda Dealer Finance.
- Insight Does Local News, Starting With the Weather. Spangler, Todd; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/28/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p5
The article offers information on the launch of cn2 local news and information channels across the Kentucky and Indiana market by Insight Communications Co. Inc., which focuses on weather coverage.
- CommScope agrees to be sold. // Wire Journal International;Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p10
The article offers information on the announcement made by CommScope Inc. regarding the agreed deal value with the Carlyle Group LLC, amounting to 3.9 billion U.S. dollars.