- Virtual intellectuals. Willinsky, John; Saunders, Frances Stonor // New Statesman;07/03/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4493, p49
Focuses on Fathom, an online information provider. What the site provides; Information on the site's board of directors; Concern regarding successful Internet start-ups.
- Education Portal Launches Sept. 11 Learning Site. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;1/17/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p45
Reports that Fathom, an online education portal has launched a learning center for the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States on its Web site. Range of information included in the learning center; Scope of its materials.
- Institutions Partner to Create Fathom, an Interactive Knowledge Company. // Computers in Libraries;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the announcement by educational and cultural institutions of the creation of Fathom, a company to launch the premier site for knowledge and education on the Internet. Institutions making their resources available, including Columbia University, Cambridge University Press, the British...
- Fathom: Another College Online Learning Portal Skids to a Halt. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the consolidation of commercial online learning venture Fathom into Digital Knowledge Ventures in New York City. Launch of the venture by Columbia University; Effort to create a viable commercial enterprise to provide courses over the Internet; Failure of the venture to attract...
- Fathom looks to Oracle. Dawson, Angela; Voight, Joan // Adweek Western Edition;10/21/96, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p2
Focuses on the branding campaign proposal of Los Angeles, California-based Fathom to its sole client Oracle Corp. Background information on the company; Comments from company executives; Cost of media spending.
- The Content-Provider Paradox. Vaidhyanathan, Siva // Academe;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p34
Discusses the increasing commercialization of higher education. Factors that led to the transformation of universities into content providers; Information on Fathom.com; Difference between information as a resource and information as a commodity.
- UM joins online clearinghouse of scholarly work. Slavin, Al // Crain's Detroit Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 47, p44
Reports on the partnership of the University of Michigan with Fathom.com, an online library providing access to scholarly material from a select group of universities, museums and libraries. Terms of the partnership; Number of online courses offered by Fathom.com.
- Fathom works out DMM packs. // Design Week;1/23/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
Reports that consultancy Fathom has been appointed to revamp packaging for rock climbing hardware manufacturer DMM International. Brief to create a technical catalog for consumers and retailers; Creation of sales brochures and press ads.
- Fathom's cherry-picked CEO. // Information World Review;Oct2000, Issue 162, p33
Features Ann Kirschner, chief executive officer of Fathom, an interactive knowledge startup. Aims of Fathom; Views on the product and services of Fathom; Educational background; Work experiences.