VA Awards Online Testing To NCS Pearson, Algebra Prep Contract Next
- Proposed Settlement Reached Over Scoring Errors on SAT. A. P. // Education Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the results of a federal class action case brought by students who received incorrect scores on their SAT exams in 2005. Approximately 4,400 received an incorrect score and were awarded a total of $2.85 million that will be paid by College Board and NCS Pearson, Inc. When...
- NCS Pearson Signs $26 Million Contract To Provide Statewide Tests In Georgia. // Electronic Education Report;8/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p3
Reports the contract between NCS Pearson and the Department of Education to develop and administer Web-based end-of-course exams to high school students in Georgia. Terms of the contract; Amount of the contract; Move of Georgia in administering state-required exams via the Web.
- Consolidated NCS Learn Combines Administrative, Instructional Services. // Electronic Education Report;02/01/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p5
Reports that NCS Pearson has combined three of its business units into one operation to bring curriculum, assessment and administrative management products under one organization.
- NCS Learn to Cut 165 Workers in Mesa. // Electronic Education Report;6/7/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p6
Reports the downsizing of curriculum software developer NCS Pearson in the U.S. Accounts on the number of jobs affected; Intention of Pearson to send the work to a subcontractor in India; Comparison between the software development expertise of Indian and American based operations.
- NCS Pearson Signs $26 Million Contract To Provide Tests In Georgia. // Educational Marketer;8/13/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the decision of the Georgia state Department of Education to authorize NCS Pearson to develop and administer Web-based exams for its high school students.
- NCS Pearson Offers ASP Option For Its Suite Of School Administration Software. // Electronic Education Report;01/31/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
Reports that Minnesota-based NCS Pearson has launched a suite of school administration and student information software called SchoolCONNECTxp which can be accessed through the Internet or a secure wide area network set up by NCS.
- Year Looks Pretty Good, Pearson Education Says. // Electronic Education Report;10/25/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the forecast for the revenue of the educational technology industry in the U.S. Increase in the educational publishing revenue; Growth of the college market; Federal government contracts won by NCS Pearson.
- Shaky Financials Hurt Content Managers. Duvall, Mel // Baseline;Oct2002, Issue 11, p71
Focuses on the content-management software built by NCS Pearson, a division of educational publishing company Pearson Education. Players in the content-management system market considered by NCS; Results of the 2002 chief information officer survey conducted by Gartner Inc. on the...
- Waterford Institute Breaks from Pearson. // Language Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on the end of partnership between Waterford Institute and NCS Pearson Inc., an education publisher and software distributor.