2000 Tribune Acquisition Powers McGraw-Hill To Top Spot As Nation's Largest K-12 Publisher
- McGraw-Hill Buy Boosts Slow M&A Quarter. // Electronic Education Report;4/26/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the acquisition of Reality-Based Learning Co. by McGraw-Hill in the U.S. Development of Internet-based reading software; Services offered by the companies; Improvement of transaction in the electronic instructional materials.
- Harcourt, McGraw-Hill In Two-Way Contest In Calif. Health Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the business competition between Harcourt Inc. and McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., the only companies whose textbooks are on the approved list in California. Number of textbook titles of the publishers that are on the approved list; Approval of the adoption list by the U.S. Board of Education;...
- Early Results Show McGraw-Hill Leading In North Carolina Science & Florida Social Studies Adoptions. // Educational Marketer;5/2/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the sales of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. with its provision of textbooks for schools in North Carolina and Florida. Amount of money captured by the company from schools on science materials; Competitor of the company in the K-5 segment; Contribution of the "Glencoe World History" in...
- MGH Product Launches Address Tech Themes. // Electronic Education Report;7/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p1
The article focuses on the launch of products by McGraw Hill Education (MGH) which address technology themes including mobile devices, interactive whiteboards, and gaming for 2011-2012 school year. It discusses the CINCH all-digital cloud-based curriculum program which offers educational games...
- The Businessmen. // Education Digest;Oct1966, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p55
This article presents the views of two U.S. businessmen and educators, Robert E. Slaughter of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. and Maurice B. Mitchell of Encyclopaedia Britannica Inc., about the current level of educational technology in the country, as expressed at a meeting of a Congressional committee....
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.
- New division to handle Ed. management SW. // T H E Journal;Apr94, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
Reports that McGraw-Hill has established a new division to handle local area network-based K-12 school administrative management solutions. Student management system for district personnel; Automation software.
- Hire service stars. // Personnel Journal;Nov95 Supplement New Product, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the Customer Service Skills Inventory (CSSI) from McGraw Hill. What it is; What it does; Special features.
- McGraw-Hill venture. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;7/31/95, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p22
Informs about a venture fund formed by McGraw-Hill Cos. to invest in emerging information industry opportunities.