Dispute Delays Spending Bill
- California Dreamin' Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;4/14/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p25
Reports on a draft legislation introduced in California that would place liability of shippers, ocean carriers and marine terminals in the case of an accident or loss of a cargo. State concern on marine terminal and steamship line operations; Opposition from trucking and shipping companies;...
- BOTTLING UP COMMERCE. McDonough, Molly // ABA Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the request of U.S. wineries to overturn legislation that bar shipments to out-of-state customers that state laws are affecting. Claims of wineries against state laws; Court ruling on direct shipment in Indiana; Law on shipping in Florida.
- Logistics Provider Liability. Calderwood, James A. // Transportation & Distribution;Jun2002, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the legal liability of a logistics company in a shipment contract. U.S. federal court ruling on the issue; Basis of the court for the non-liability of the logistics company; Solution to the problem.
- One Carton Shy of a Load. Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;1/12/2009, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p38
The article provides an answer to a question on the relevant law and regulation in shipment of goods.
- Liability for 'Improper Packaging' // Traffic World;9/2/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 35, p38
Answers a query regarding determining liability for improper packaging in the United States. Liability of shipper and carrier for improper packaging of cargo; Provisions in the shipping law defining liability for improper packaging.
- Jones Act reform calls for U.S. labor laws on foreign-flag ships. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;11/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 47, pS3
Reports that supporters of the Jones Act are seeking to amend the cabotage law allowing foreign-flag vessels to ship within United State territory as long as they comply with United States labor laws. Implications of the measure called the Freedom to Ship Act of 1997; Who introduced the bill to...
- Claims on ‘Brokered’ Traffic. Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;12/14/98, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p50
Presents a question-and-advisory on the violation of laws pertaining to the shipment of goods in the United States. Liability of shippers; Rights of customers against suppliers; Management of credit from suppliers.
- Costs of Delay. Barrett, Colin // Traffic World;3/4/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 9, p38
Presents question and answer advisory on costs of delay in shipment of goods. Accounts on the delay in transport; Liability of the carrier for the market value of the goods at the place of destination; Offer of the carrier to waive the storage charges.
- New shipper coalition takes aim at Jones Act. Brennan, Terry; Barnes, David // Traffic World;4/24/95, Vol. 242 Issue 4, p14
Reports that a group of shippers is forming a coalition to repeal the Jones Act. Shipping of products between United States ports on United States-flag vessels; Support from people involved in coastal shipping.