Fitch: Cautious Outlook for CCRCs
- Fitch Cautions That Continuing-Care Centers Have `Cloudy' Outlook. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/04/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30947, p7
Reports on Fitch analysts' less-favorable outlook on continuing-care retirement communities (CCRC) in the United States. Report on its median financial ratios for CCRC in 1999; Factors for the `cloudy' outlook.
- Spiritual community in later life: A modest proposal. Leder, Drew // Journal of Aging Studies;Summer96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p103
Suggests the formation of `ElderSpirit Centers' which are spiritually-oriented communities and resource centers for older adults. Aging's association with certain losses; Sociomedical, producer and consumerist models of aging; Resources; Categories of Center participants; Spiritual...
- Paducah recognized as a Texas Certified Retirement Community. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);4/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the certification given to Peducah, Texas being a Certified Retirement Community on March 15, 2010.
- Untitled. // New Jersey Jewish News;6/23/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 25, p23
A calendar of events involving the Jewish community in the New Jersey area from July 23- July 14, 2011 is presented which include an annual dinner event, and seminars related to seniors financial issues and cultural perspectives at end of life care.
- Bests. Janjigian, Robert // Hospitality Design;Nov94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p66
Features Westminster Place in Oakmont, Pennsylvania as a finalist in the 1994 Golden Award for Excellence in Hospitality Design of senior living facilities. Description; Furnishings.
- Continuing-care retirement communities. Tell, Eileen J.; Cohen, Marc A. // Generations;Spring90, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p55
Reveals that `comprehensive' continuing-care retirement communities (CCRC) in the United States are also available to keep nursing home and home care use from increasing to unreasonable levels despite great reductions in out-of-pocket costs. Level-of-care placement decisions; Effectiveness of...
- Life care comes to Long Island. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/15/98, Vol. 45 Issue 24, p1B
Announces plans for the creation of continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in Long Island, New York. Completion dates; Rationale behind the move; Financial security offered to residents; Value of CCRC as home replacements for senior citizens; Reservations for the units; Highlights of...
- New life care community underway in Summerlin. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;10/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p4B
Features the life care community, Las Ventanas in Las Vegas, Nevada. Location of the facility; Inclusion in the offering of continuum of care; Destination of retirees.
- CCRC Surveys Seek Data on Potential Residents. Malhotra, Naresh K. // Journal of Health Care Marketing;Jun87, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p90
The article presents an abstract of the article "CCRC Surveys Seek Data on Potential Residents," by Jane Newald.