Budget Gap May Cost NYC Schools
- 30,000 rally for more aid in Ore. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;6/12/96, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p8
Reports on a rally in Oregon which called for more funding for the state's schools. Support for public schools across the state; Cuts in number of school positions.
- A History of Progress. Cox, Susan M. // American School & University;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p52
Discusses the contribution of budget management and community support to the success of the Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools in Tennessee. Effect of declaring Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools as unitary; How the funds were raised; Purpose of expanding the instructional technology...
- The Principal. Yatvin, Joanne // Educational Leadership;Apr89, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p83
Discusses the benefits of school-based budgeting where principal and teachers could build a budget based on their view of school needs. Features of the program called School Based Budgeting that began in 1986 in the U.S.; Number of schools selected for the program; Amount of money spent by one...
- As State Cuts Budget, Alabama Schools Try to Fill in Gaps. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/23/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31209, p34
Reports the business strategy to cope with budget deficit for public schools in Alabama. Lawsuit filed to prevent budget cut back by representatives of higher education; Approval of revenue bonds issuance by the legislature; Provision of the law on the use of privately placed debt.
- Chicago schools prepare budget; board decision near. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30632, p40
Focuses on the progress of deliberation on granting the public school budget in Chicago, Illinois for the 1999-2000 academic year. Anticipation of school boards' decisions; Comments from school officials.
- District's big surplus provides silver lining. // Journal of Business (10756124);8/30/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 19, pA8
The article offers the author's insights on the surplus construction budget at public schools in Spokane County, Washington.
- High Approval Rate For School Funding Seen in More States. // Education Week;7/27/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the troubled states that have joined Ohio on the list of those seeing significant improvements in the proportion of local school budgets and levies gaining voter approval. Idaho Governor John Evans saw evidence of citizens' commitment to more support for education in the...
- Cutbacks if necessary, but not necessarily cutbacks. Fraser, Paul // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;07/14/97, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p45
Discusses how according to Albertan school board chairman Caroline Martin the deficit will not necessarily mean teacher cutbacks for Lethbridge public schools for the 1998-99 school year. How the board is not yet sure what the deficit will be; Teachers' union demands.
- Chicago Public Schools Faces $1 Billion Budget Gap in 2014. Bayliss, Deborah // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;3/20/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p1
The article informs that Illinois-based Chicago Public Schools has faced 1 Billion dollar budget gap in the year 2014.