Bond Lawyers Fill the Coffers of Top N.Y.C. Mayoral Candidates
- Virginia gubernatorial campaign offers forum for pay-to-play debate. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p1
Reports on the contributions of law firms doing municipal bond work for Virginia, to the campaigns of two gubernatorial candidates. Debates on the issues related to the political contributions of law firms; Claims on the pay-and-play practice of law firms; Ethical concerns on the practice.
- Law-Firm Influence. Maxwell, Bruce // ABA Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the campaign activities of political action committees (PAC) operated by law firms focused on the 1990 election in the United States. Amount raised by law-related PAC in 1999; Factors which motivate law firms to maintain a PAC; Information on the ATLA PAC which is funded by the...
- Paying to Play in N.J. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p1
Reports on changes in the standings among top bond counsel working on New Jersey and state authority deals since Democratic Governor James E. McGreevey took office in 2002. Contributions of the state's top bond counsel to McGreevey's campaign; Law firms that have entered the ranks of the...
- N J.'s Conflict Resolution. Cataldo, Adam // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that a new restriction on political donations in New Jersey in October 2004 may contain a loophole that would permit some individuals and businessmen to continue making donations that are much larger than the new $400 limit. Key stipulations of the new regulations; Impact on law firms...
- Securities Firms, Banks, Lawyers, and Lobbying. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;8/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32947, p4
The article reports on a collaborative study of campaign funds conducted by the Center for Responsive Politics and the Campaign Finance Institute in the U.S. According to the study, several securities firms, banks, and law firms that are sponsoring the Democratic and Republican political...
- The Back Page. // Traffic World;5/19/2003, Vol. 268 Issue 20, p47
Presents business news briefs as of May 19, 2003. Law firm's contract to provide prepaid legal services to teamsters; Donation to the campaign of Republican Representative for South Carolina Joe Wilson; Increase in the assumption of the average weight of passengers on aircraft.
- California leads Kerry donations. Jordan, Dearball // Lawyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p5
Reports that law firms from the U.S. western state of California are the biggest contributors to the campaign funds of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. Total amount of donations sent by law firms by the end of June 2004; Names of the contributing law firms.
- Donations to presidential candidates reach $17m. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;5/31/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p7
Reports that U.S. law firms are fast emerging as prolific political contributors after donating $17 million to the country's 2004 presidential hopefuls. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on law firms.
- ENCORES, FANS, AND FUTURES. Perego, Martha // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p2
The article presents questions and answers related to the ethical scenarios of the members of International City/County Management Association (ICMA) in the U.S. including of what the retired city manager can do to his campaign contributions after being offered as an interim city manager, if its...