Despite Closing, Ill. Hospital Keeps Collecting Operating Levy to Pay Debt
- Illinois High Court Rejects Wood River's Appeal on Hospital Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p36
Reports on the termination of the lawsuit filed by Wood River Township in Illinois to stop repayment of multi-million dollars of bonds issued by its own hospital as of December 9, 2002. Refusal of the Madison County Associate Circuit Judge about the township's eligibility to file the lawsuit;...
- Court Throws Out Illinois Town's Suit to Halt Debt Service. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p3
Reports on the plan of lawyers for Wood River Township, Illinois to appeal a court ruling that threw out the township's lawsuit seeking to stop repayment of bonds issued by the now-shuttered township hospital. Township's filing of the lawsuit when it learned that Wood River Township Hospital...
- 911 call answered. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;08/30/99, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p3
Reports that the New York City government has issued state-based bonds to save the Brookdale Hospital in New York City from the financial difficulties it is experiencing. Amount in bonds issued by the city government to finance the medical facility; Factors attributing to Brookdale University...
- Rural health care bonds are fertile ground in shaky sector. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/09/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30658, p4
Reports that the Mecosta County, Michigan, General Hospital will price its first municipal bond deal. Debt payments of the hospital; Benefits from market access.
- Palm Beach, Fla., authority gives nod to $49 million issue for hospital. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p4
Reports on the agreement of the Palm Beach County, Florida Health Facilities Authority to sell a tax-exempt deal for Boca Raton Community Hospital in mid-February 1999. Selection of Lehman Brothers to run the negotiated deal; Use of proceeds to expand and renovate the hospital; Strength of the...
- Cook County, Ill., moves closer to issuing GOs for new hospital. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30607, p36
Reports that Cook County, Illinois, is almost ready to sell about $400 million of general obligation bonds that will help finance construction of a hospital. Approval of the issue by the County Board's finance committee; Co-senior managers and co-managers for the issue; Bid requested from...
- In Health Care, Supply Is Wilting But Spreads Stay Attractive. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p7
Focuses on the volume of municipal bond deals involving in hospitals in the United States. Supply of bonds in the sector; Reasons of bond buyers for showing reluctance in entering the market; Pricing of hospital bonds; Issuers' efforts to attract investment-grade ratings for bonds.
- Midwest Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p27
Reports on developments in the market for municipal bonds in the Middle West region of the United States as of March 29, 2000. Rating of Standard & Poor's on the revenue bonds issued by the Staunton Community Memorial Hospital; Planned negotiated sale of hospital revenue bonds by the Illinois...
- Retail buyers snap up complex bond issue from Kentucky hospital. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;07/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30180, p27
Reports on the purchase of the hospital issue by Jefferson County, Kentucky. Share of retail buyers in the health facilities' revenue bonds, which the county issued on behalf of the University Medical Center Inc. (UMC); Role of Smith Barney Inc. in the bond issuance; Facilities run by UMC.