Bill to End Internet Access Tax, Clarify Business Taxes in House
- House Panel OKs SHVIA Renewal. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p8
Reports on the approval of a bill extending the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act of 1999 (SHVIA) by the U.S. House Judiciary Committee. Amendment proposed by Representatives Rick Boucher (D-Va.) and Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) in connection to the bill; Provision of the SHVIA bill; Implication...
- Lame ducks and tax patents. RUSSELL, ROGER // Accounting Today;11/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p14
The article focuses on the opportunity to end tax patents following the mid-term congressional election in the U.S. in 2010. A coalition of national consumer and taxpayer organizations has called for Congress to ban the patents. Representatives Rick Boucher and Bob Goodlatte have introduced...
- ACA Pans Satellite Exemption. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p33
Reports on the plan of small cable operators to speak out against a U.S. House amendment that would give satellite carriers an antitrust exemption to promote delivery of local TV signals in rural markets. Design of the amendment sponsored by Representatives Rick Boucher and Bob Goodlatte;...
- Panel updates law on video-rental privacy. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;12/8/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 170, p14
The article reports on the move of Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition and the Internet, passed a bipartisan bill allowing video-rental companies to share information on what movies users watch or recommend on social networks.
- Competitiveness Bandwagon Gains Momentum. Houston, Betsy // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Apr2006, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p21
The article reports on the proposed Innovation and Competitiveness Act of U.S. Representative Bob Goodlatte. The bill includes tort reform and tax proposals. House Science Committee Chair Sherwood Boehlert carries the responsibility of pushing the legislation through the House including the...
- Small-business owners encourage lawmakers to act on Internet sales tax bill. Becker, Bernie // Hill;3/12/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p12
The article reports on the small-business owners who encourage House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte to act on Internet sales tax bill.
- House bill creates guest worker program for agriculture. // High Plains Journal;5/27/2013, Vol. 131 Issue 21, p5A
The article focuses on a bill that would create a new guest worker program for agriculture introduced by Bob Goodlatte, chairman of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee.
- House leaders vow to stop controversial GHG bill. McGowan, Elizabeth // Waste News;6/11/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p3
The article presents information on an energy bill introduced by U.S. Democrat representative Rick Boucher. Some environmentalists and politicians say that the bill would block California from receiving a federal waiver to curb tailpipe emissions that contribute to global warming. Ed Markey,...
- 'Local' Agenda t SHVERA Hearing. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the concern of Representative Rick Boucher, the chairman of the House of Communications Subcommittee, that the industry negotiation will allow them to tackle the issue related to the carriage of local television stations in the U.S. It has been observed that the draft bill...