Rate Plan Proposed for Calif. Power Sale
- California PUC Holds Up Two Issues Deemed Vital to DWR Bond Sale. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p3
Reports that the California Public Utilities Commission is expected to postpone voting on two issues which are vital to the sale of bonds of California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Postponement of the request of DWR for $10 billion revenue from ratepayers to pay for power acquired in...
- Rate Pact But First Step. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31331, p1
Reports on the approval of a rate agreement with the California's Department of Water Resources by California Public Utilities Commission. Revenue streams to be provided under the agreement by the utility ratepayers; Flow of funds entailed by the agreement; Tax-exemption of bonds.
- California PUC Vote to Determine Life of $11B Power Purchase Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p1
Reports on the issues related to the sale of upto $11.1 billion in power purchase revenue bonds to be issued by California Department of Water Resources (DWR). Expected voting by the state's Public Utilities Commission on the issue; Proposed financing plan of DWR; Reasons cited for the proposed...
- California utilities panel weighs decision on challenge to rate-reduction bond plan. Jacobus, Arleen // Bond Buyer;10/23/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30258, p6
Reports on the deliberations by the California Public Utilities Commission on a legal challenge against its plans to sell rate-reduction bonds in the states. State-based enterprises included in the sale; Possibility of seeking court orders to prevent the bond sale.
- California Public Utilities Commission mulls hearing over rate-reduction bonds. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;10/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30254, p3
Reports on the California Public Utilities Commission's possible hearing of a legal challenge to its plans to sell rate-reduction bonds. Plan of the consumer advocacy group Utility Reform Network to take the issue directly to the California Supreme Court; Shift in fiscal responsibility from the...
- October's Long-Term Issuance On Pace for Year-End Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p1
Reports on the heavy volume of issuance in the U.S. long-term municipal bond market in October, 2002. Expectations from sale of fixed-rate power bonds issued by the California Department of Water Resources; Decline in the level of interest rates in the second week of the month; Competition...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Lower; DWR, N.Y. EFC Lead New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;11/5/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31506, p2
Reports on developments in the bond prices in the U.S. as on November 5, 2002. Decrease in the municipal bond prices; Issuance of bonds by the California Department of Water Resources and the New York State Environmental Facilities Corp.; Increase in the yields by underwriters.
- Calif. State To Buy Power Sketched Out. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p1
Reports the sale of municipal bond by the California Department of Water Resources. Use of bonds to purchase power transmission lines; Issuance of short-term debt to repay fund used for power purchase; Conditions for selling the bonds.
- Power Bonds Finally Sell. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p9
The article reports on the sale of $348.7 million-worth of power supply revenue bonds of the California Department of Water Resources. It notes that the sale failed in November 2008 which led the state to pay 5.25% with an accelerated amortization. The yields on the bonds range from 4.47% to...