Philadelphia Fed July Index Falls
- A year of change, a year for progress. Rowlands, Chris // Works Management;Dec2007, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the continued growth output and orders from manufacturer's organization Engineering Employers Federation (EEF) and another on several outstanding success stories in British manufacturing sector.
- Manufacturing Up, But Not By Much. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the January 2010 data on the manufacturing index in Mexico published by Instituto Mexicano de Executivos de Finanzas (IMEF) which show that the manufacturing sector posted a 0.3% increase from the previous month.
- A tale of two economies: manufacturing and all else. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p30
Discusses the state of the U.S. manufacturing sector during the first half of 2003. Failure of the manufacturing sector to recover from the economic recession of 2001; Retrenchments and health issues in manufacturing; Historical perspective on sector performance.
- Industry adds strength to growing economy. Way Jr., Charles S. // South Carolina Business Journal;Sep99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on South Carolina's manufacturing industry. Author as the state's secretary of commerce; Manufacturers as the single largest job creators in the state; Average weekly wage for manufacturing employees; Manufacturers as more likely to provide healthcare and other non-wage compensation.
- Composite index remains unchanged. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;8/24/2001, p2
Reports on the composite index in Canada in July 2001. Moderation in housing; Weakening in the manufacturing sector; Decline of demands for electronic products.
- Manufacturing. // CIBC Observations;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p12
Forecasts developments in Canada's manufacturing industries for 2000, based on figures compiled as of August 1999. Includes meat and poultry processing; Beverage industries; Clothing and footwear trades; Forestry and forest products.
- Manufacturers don't expect economic recovery soon. // American Machinist;Sep2002, Vol. 146 Issue 9, p16
Reports the economic conditions of manufacturing industry in the U.S. Projection on the trend in general economic activity; Factors contributing the economic slowdown of the industry; Expectations of manufacturers on incoming orders.
- Activity indicators. Reichard, Robert // Textile World;Jan99, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p16
Presents data related to textile manufacturing activity indicators in the United States as of 1998. Textile indicators; National economic indicators.
- Economic indicators raise expectations. // Quality;Oct96, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p19
Highlights economic indicators affecting the manufacturing industry in Australia. Optimism concerning high productivity, full employment and low interest rates; Rise in production and new orders indices.