Energy, Tax Bill Awaits House Vote
- Washington alert. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p3A
Informs that the United States House Ways and Means Committee has approved the last pending tax bill in 1999 that includes provisions dealing with tax-exempt bonds.
- Hard to watch: Making of sausage, energy legislation. Mills, Alex // Fort Worth Business Press;7/13/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p27
The author comments on the passage of a cap-and-trade energy bill in the U.S. House of Representatives on June 26, 2009. The main purpose of the legislation, introduced by Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman, is to increase energy costs, especially fossil fuels which generate 80%...
- House, Senate Each Taking a Turn At Energy Bill, Possibly With Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p24
The article discusses the final details of separate versions of a modified energy bill that may contain tax-exempt bond provisions to introduce the bills for votes in the U.S. The amendment may contain new authorization of clean renewable energy bonds. This development on the energy legislation...
- Tradable Tax Credit Out of Energy Bill, Sources Say; Green Bonds May Be Added. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p32
Reports on an energy bill in the United States. Sale of tax credits from renewable energy production for cash; Electricity production tax credits.
- Energy Bill: welcome tweaks but no target. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Dec2012, Issue 455, p31
The article presents a summary of the 2012 British Energy Bill.
- Newly enacted law to trigger ESCO boom. // Caribbean Business;2/9/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p5
A summary is presented of the bill 2372, related to the energy savings performance contracts of the energy service companies (ESCOs) in Puerto Rico.
- Hungary's Parliament approves bill cementing utilities price cuts. // Energy Today (Hungary);03/18/2013, p4
The article reports on the approval by Hungary's Parliament of a bill at an extraordinary session on March 14, 2013 that restructures the country's energy regulator (MEH) and gives it the power to issue decrees.
- House Bill Threatens Gulf Gas Production. Barlas, Stephen // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 234 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the Creating Long-Term Energy Alternatives for the Nation Act of 2007 (CLEAN Act) which was passed by the House of Representatives on January 18, 2007. The bill was seen as primarily an attack on oil firms with huge profits and have demonstrated that they do not need the...
- Chances Small for Bill's Bond Provisions. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p4
Focuses on the dim prospects for getting bond-related tax law changes through the House in the United States. Discussion on the proposals made in the Republican wage increase bill; Provisions of the three extenders bills designed to continue expiring tax breaks.