Planning for the Long Haul
- More People, Less Water. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p1
Reports that the Southern Nevada Water Authority has projected the occurrence of the worst drought. Failure of the Authority to predict the duration of the drought; Proposal of the Authority for the development of in-state resources to prevent water shortage in the state.
- New $80 million lake mead water intake system opens. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/31/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Southern Nevada Water Authority's completion of a water intake system in Lake Mead. System's expansion of the authority's delivery system; Quarter-cent sales tax and home builder connection fees as sources of funds for the project; Description of the system.
- Water authority debuts 14-mile East Valley Lateral. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;05/22/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the completion of the Southern Nevada Water Authority's East Valley Lateral water delivery system. Other planned capital improvement projects; Water service to be provided to the northeast section of Las Vegas Valley; Pumping stations in the system; Water storage capacity of the...
- Fee may shrink ranks of home builders. Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;12/18/95, Vol. 12 Issue 50, p1
Reports that a regional water hook-up fee may help push some housing developers out of town or out of business, further shrinking the ranks of new-home builders in Southern Nevada. $2,900 connection fee to be imposed by the Southern Nevada Water Authority; Impact of the fee on the house resale...
- SNWA seeks approval for $380 million in bonds. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p14
Focuses efforts of the Southern Nevada Water Authority to acquire funds for the Capital Improvements Program. Development of regional water system; Construction of delivery and treatment facilities; Increase of the intake capacity at the Alfred Merritt Smith Water Treatment Facility.
- Business Briefs: NOTEWORTHY ANNOUNCEMENTS. // Opflow Online;Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p30
The article offers news briefs related to water utility and resource management in the U.S. as of February 1, 2013. The U.S. Bureau of Land Management authorized the Southern Nevada Water Authority water supply cooperative to build facilities associated with the Groundwater Development Project...
- Granite Construction lands segment A of the $106.8 million 14-mile SBWA East Valley lateral. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;06/29/98, Vol. 15 Issue 26, Construction Connection p14
Reports on Granite Construction's winning of the first segment of the 14-mile Southern Nevada Water Authority's East Valley Lateral. Cost of the deal; Terms of the contract; Other construction projects awarded to Granite; Company background.
- Las Vegas Water installing self-reliant SCADA, DCS. Tenzythoff, Jill // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the firm Southern Nevada Water Systems's installation of automation equipment for its water supply facilities in Las Vegas, Nevada. Meeting the needs of the city's growing population; Installation of distributed control system; Use of existing input and output hardware.
- Water authority moves dirt. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;7/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports the release of the major construction and capital improvement program by Southern Nevada Water Authority in Las Vegas, Nevada. Emphasis on the increased water delivery; Construction of water quality laboratory; Impact of capital improvement plan on the daily system capacity of water.