Cornerstone Likely to Put an End To Its High-Yield Mutual Fund
- Lipper shedding business. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p4
Reports on the business failure of Lipper & Co.; in New York City. Marketing ot high-yield bond business; Conclusion of mutual funds; Losses from the investment of convertible bonds.
- Riding out the wireless slump. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;7/9/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on how the Wireless World Fund responded to the industrial downturn experienced by the telecommunication sector around the world in the 21st century. Comparison between the value of stocks in 2000 and 2001; Factors which influence the investing process of the telecommunication industry;...
- Eyes on the size. Freeman, Peter // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/6/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6300, p64
Focuses on the reasons for the closure of Emerging Leaders Fund, money fund firm in Australia. Account of the firm; Comment of Jim McKay, head of retail business in JB Were to the closure of the firm; Effectivity of the closure; Response of other money fund firms on the closure of the Emerging...
- Market Looks Back on Rough Year for Muni Arbitrage Funds. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/2/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32784, p6
The article reports on the failure of the municipal arbitrage funds in the U.S. municipal market in 2007. According to the author, the funds were down an average of 20% to 40% for the year. Market participants said that the funds account for roughly $140 billion to $180 billion, or about half of...
- Beachwood hedge fund shuttered after poor 2011. PARK, MICHELLE // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p0008
The article presents information on the closing down of Beachwood hedge fund Lake Front Partners LP. Firm executives decided to close the fund because of poor performance in 2011. Dick Hollington, president of CapitalWorks, said that their performance in 2011 put them in a position where we were...
- Soft Sell, Hard Fall. Phillips, Don // Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p144
Warns financial planners against the soft side approach. Limiations of the style; Differences between financial planners and old-line brokers; Details of how the mutual fund industry failed.
- First State soft-closing five Asia Pac and global funds. Jackson, Gary; Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;9/8/2011, p18
The article reports on that First State Investments have announced the soft-closure of its investment funds such as the 229-million-pound Asia Pacific sustainability, 293-million-pound Indian subcontinent, and 161-million-pound global emerging markets sustainability.
- SVM to close UK Absolute Alpha and Cautious Managed funds. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;11/14/2012, p8
The article reports on the plan of SVM Asset Management Ltd. to close its Cautious Managed and UK Absolute Alpha funds.
- Baugur. // PRWeek (London);2/13/2009, p8
The article reports that the British arm of the Icelandic investment firm Baugur has collapsed into administration. A number of retailers part-owned by Baugur have already distanced themselves from the firm. Baugur founder John Asgeir Johannesson has predicted that a forced sale would have to...