- Plan to tweak Florida constitution could garner big savings. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;04/02/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30364, p33
Reports on bond market trends in Florida as of April 2, 1998. Includes legislative proposal for the expansion of Florida's credit backing of its education bond program; Bond issues from Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee; Related legislative proposals.
- Oklahoma school deal: Example of a primary that's `definitely more attractive'. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;04/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30381, p7
Reports on the growth of interest in the primary market for school bonds in the United States. Comparison with the secondary market; Reasons for the interest in the primary market; Pricing of the bond offering of the Tulsa County Independent School District in Oklahoma; Yield levels targeted by...
- Looming on horizon: Florida's $2.8 billion school debt program. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30272, p37
Announces plans for Florida's school bond program to unleash $2.8 billion of new debt into the market. Security for the debt; Plans for the sale of the bonds to finance two separate programs; Concerns raised by bankers and school officials regarding the plan; Formula approved by lawmakers for...
- Heart of Flame and Steel. // America;1/28/1956, Vol. 94 Issue 18, p465
The article presents an obituary for Father John P. Delaney of the University of the Philippines.
- Tiny Texas School District Expecting a Crowd. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;11/27/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32761, p1
The article reports that 879 voters of Prosper, Texas, have already agreed and allowed the community to issue $700 million of school bonds. The positive results of the voting process that took place last November 6, 2007 have permitted a number of voters to hand the Prosper Independent School...
- Trio of Illinois Universities plan sales to renovate, expand campus facilities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p3
Discusses the bond sales involving three Illinois universities. Decision of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees to sell certificates of participation (COP) to finance several utility-related project; Loyola University of Chicago's effort to put together a medium-term note deal; DePaul...
- Munis end flat but firm while traders anticipate supply boost. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p2
Reports on the municipal bond trading activity in the United States on July 20, 1999. Traders' maintenance of light holdings ahead of the congressional testimony of US Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan; A.G. Edwards & Sons' pricing of a Medina, Ohio, school building construction...
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p24
Presents United States bond calls and redemptions, published as of May 15, 2000. General obligation bonds for the Lackawanna Trail School District in Pennsylvania; Mortgage revenue refunding bonds in Wisconsin.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Lexington School QSCBs. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33484, p7
The article reports that Lexington County School District in South Carolina is expected to sell 35.9-million dollar worth of qualified school construction bonds (QSCBS) which will mature in 2016 and 2024 since the bonds are already rated Aa1 by Moody's Investors Service and AA by Standard and...