With Schools Short on Cash, Philly's Mayor Hits Harrisburg
- Charter Costs Irk Board. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the call of trustees of Albuquerque Municipal School District Number 12 for the administration to propose moratorium on new charter schools. Impetus of the move.
- Lack of Internet Tax Could Bust Booming California Cities. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p30
Discusses the impact of the federal moratorium on Internet sales tax on California's municipalities. Terms of the moratorium; Percentage of municipal income generated from sales tax; Lack of ways in which California's cities can raise taxes; Lobby efforts against the Internet sales tax...
- House Republicans seek to trump Dems on earmark reform. Hooper, Molly K.; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;3/12/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p3
The article focuses on the approval of a moratorium by U.S. House Republicans on all earmarks for 2010.
- PFI conference vote 'will be ignored' by Labour leaders. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;9/27/2002, p6
Reports the consideration on the motion for moratorium on deals during the Private Finance Initiative (PFI) at the Labour Party conference in Great Britain. Principle of Prime Minister Tony Blair on moratorium; Disagreement of Labour Party members on management of PFI by the government;...
- Moratorium is extended in Oyster Bay. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/7/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p7A
Reports on the approval of the three-month extension of a moratorium by the Oyster Bay Town Board in Oyster Bay, New York. Creation of a redevelopment and revitalization plan; Formation of steering committee for the redevelopment; Amount of the Local Waterfront Revitalization Program grant.
- THE POST-EARMARK ERA. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the Democratic Party's declaration of a year-long moratorium on earmarks in the U.S. Earmarks are money targeted to pet projects around the country. As a result of this move, most of the states in the country would not receive money to fund after school programs,...
- Provisions of the U. S. Constitution Bearing on Federal Aid to Education. // Congressional Digest;Feb44, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on provisions of the United States Constitution bearing on federal aid to education. General free dissemination of information to direct aid; Minnesota Moratorium Law.
- Utah Sales Tax Debt Moratorium Studied. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p4
The article reports that lawmakers in Utah are closer to removing a sales tax from groceries and they are likely to consider calling for a moratorium on the issuance of sales tax revenue bonds pending an investigation into how the loss of that revenue would affect the ability of issuers to repay...
- Negotiated Deals Could Return to Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32605, p1
The article reports that capital finance office in Wisconsin has considered lifting its moratorium on negotiated sales following a federal appellate panel's decision. The decision overturns the conviction of former state purchasing supervisor Georgia Thompson on fraud charges. The conviction of...