Internet Tax Advocate Warns of Impending Fiscal Doom
- No relief in sight from Byzantine tax system. Cohen, David J. // Inside Tucson Business;08/24/98, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p5
Opinion. Comments on several provisions to the Tax Reform Act of 1986 and their effect on taxpayers. Capital gains; Roth IRAs; Educational provisions.
- Taking the tax bite out of refinancing. Arbury, Jim // National Real Estate Investor;Jul93, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p41
Discusses the effects of Section 108 of the Tax Reform Act of 1986. Refinancing as economically infeasible in some cases; Illustrative cases; Change in tax policy hardest on real estate owners struggling to keep troubled properties viable; Impact on multifamily housing; Financial impact on solid...
- House votes to sunset Tax Code by 2002. // Human Events;07/03/98, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p22
Cites the approval of the Tax Code Termination Act on June 17, 1998, a bill which will terminate the federal tax code by December 31, 2002 in the United States. In-depth look at the legislation; Views of supporters of the legislation; Information on the future of the Tax Code Termination Act in...
- The distributional implications of the 1986 tax reform. Wallace, Sally; Wasylenko, Michael // National Tax Journal;Jun91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p181
Examines the tax burden changes in the personal and corporate income taxes induced by the Tax Reform Act (TRA) of 1986. Distributional implications of changes in the tax law; Derivation of before-tax economic income; Personal income and corporate tax burdens; Conclusions.
- Leaders want House freshmen to stay more on message. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;7/21/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 86, p6
The article reports on the advice of House leaders that freshman lawmakers should expressed their concerns on tax protests in the U.S.
- GOPers Debate: One Bill or Two? Gizzi, John // Human Events;02/12/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p1
Discusses a debate over how the proposed tax package of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush was going to be presented as a legislation, and how many votes would be needed to pass it in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2001. Strategy proposed by House Speaker Dennis Hastert in...
- House Supply-Siders Say: Cut More. Carney, Timothy P. // Human Events;02/12/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p5
Reports that a number of House Republicans are proposing a bigger tax cut tax reduction legislation that goes beyond United States President George W. Bush's tax cut plan as of February 12, 2001. Republican representatives that co-signed a letter for the proposed tax reduction bill; Members of...
- Substantiation requirements for noncash charitable contributions. Barton, Peter; Weatherwax, Roy // CPA Journal;Jul93, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p63
Cites the ruling of the Tax Court requiring liberal interpretation of the regulations contained in the 1984 Tax Reform Act regarding appraisals for contributions of noncash property. Bond v. Commissioner, 100 T.C.--, No. 4, January 19,1993; Appraisals for noncash contributions exceeding $5,000...
- Working with the kiddie tax. Segal, Mark A.; Bird, Bruce M. // CPA Journal;Jul93, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the implications of the phase-out of exemption amounts and limitations on itemized deductions on the kiddie tax. Tax Reform Act of 1986; General requirements; Computing the kiddie tax; Strategies to minimize the kiddie tax; Including child's income on parents' return; Choosing between...