Short on Info, Fitch Pulls Rating on Flint
- Trends in the Region: Tennessee Counties Doing Much Better Than Their State. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p30
Reports on the rating upgrades for several counties and a city from Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Tennessee. Improvement in the balance sheets and debt burdens; Reserves for the counties and cities; Performances of the local governments.
- Flint & me. Moore, Michael // Money;Jul96, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p86
Returns to the author's hometown of Flint, Michigan in 1996 a decade after the city placed last in `Money' magazine's list of the 300 Best Places to Live in America. The outraged response of the citizens in 1987, including a public burning of the magazine issue; The town's obsession with lists...
- IOWA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the second week of March 2001 upgraded Rock Island in Iowa to A2 rating from A3 in conjunction with the city's upcoming sale of 47.9 million of general obligation bonds. Effect of the upgradation on the municipal debt; Reasons for the...
- Fresno and Visalia get low rank. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/ 6/2012, p6
The article reports on the low ranking of Fresno and Visalia on a list of the largest metropolitan areas evaluated on how they foster careers and businesses in California in 2012.
- Hot spots. // Inc.;Mar88, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p74
Inc.'s annual ranking of American cities is presented. The leaders in the economic-development sweepstakes were Austin, Tex. for company start-ups, Orlando, Fla. for job growth and Manchester-Nashua N.H. for fast-growth companies.
- Michigan Governor Pleased With Court Ruling Supporting Takeover of Flint. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p3
Reports the decision of the Michigan Court of Appeals on the financial takeover case of the city of Flint. Unconstitutionality of the financial takeover; Details on the ruling of Ingham County Circuit Court Judge James Giddings on the case; Appointment of financial managers.
- Fitch To Rate CDO Managers. Iyer, Savita // Bank Loan Report;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Discusses the scheme developed by rating agency Fitch whereby the firm will assign ratings to collateralized debt obligation asset managers themselves.
- Fitch Says Following Merger With Duff & Phelps Credit Rating, It Will Issue Single Insurance Company Ratings. // Insurance Advocate;06/24/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 26, p33
Reports on the plan of Fitch, an international rating agency, to combine all of its outstanding insurance industry ratings into a single set. Changes to Fitch's portfolio of insurance-related ratings services; Information on CCPAR; Criteria for an insurance company to qualify for the DCR...
- NYC sets trillion-dollar pace among U.S. metros. Thomas, G. Scott // Buffalo Law Journal;9/28/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 78, p13
The article lists the top 100 U.S. metropolitan areas with the largest gross metropolitan products (GMP) in 2008 which includes New York City with 1.264 trillion dollars GMP, Los Angeles with 717.9 billion dollars GMP, and Chicago with 520.7 billion dollars GMP.