To Save Everglades, Florida Conservationists Call for Bonds
- Florida House Passes Budget Minus Debt Service for New Bond Programs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/21/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32861, p36
The article reports on the budget submitted by the Florida House of Representatives for 2009. It states that the government has allocated a total of $65.1 billion of bonds made available for education as well as conservation and restoration projects. It reveals that legislators agreed to...
- Go green for growth. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Dec97, Issue 227, p30
Gives details on a conservation project in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Affordability of rates for visitors; Popularity as a holiday destination; Financing from ecotourism activities and game sales.
- From sticks to carrots. Flicker, John // Audubon;May/June97, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p6
Declares support for programs by the Audubon Society encouraging people to protect habitats on their property. Tendency of environmental laws to focus on the negative side; Support and encourage property owners through monetary compensation or other incentives; Example; Law making it...
- Executive Director's Update. Hesla, Chris // Out of Doors;Jun2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p3
The article offers updates to the natural resources conservation projects in the U.S. including the maintenance of the water level in Lake Oahe in Missouri, and the conservation of the grasses at Buffalo Gap National Grasslands in South Dakota.
- CRP to help conserve sensitive land. // Graham Leader;6/25/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 90, p6
The article focuses on the Conservation Reserve Program started on June 9, 2014 in Graham, Texas that helps in protecting and conserving sensitive land.
- Paraguay hat trick. Train, Melanie // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jul97, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p6
Features Project Aguara Nu '97, the recipient of the third BP Conservation Programme Award in Paraguay. Focus on the largest collection of open country wildlife in South America; Proceeds of the monetary award.
- Tunisia. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/10/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p33
Reports that in order to finance wastewater projects in 19 medium sized towns, the European Investment Bank (EIB) has agreed to lend Tunisia ECU 40 million ($43.4 million). What the project calls for.
- Pope and Young Club's Discover the Outdoors Camp. Asbell, G. Fred // Bowhunter;Feb/Mar98, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p60
Features the `Discover The Outdoors Camp,' a hunting camp in Colorado created by Pope and Young Club. Activities for participants; Other objectives of the camp; Reason for attracting single-parent families.
- Washington Focuses on the Outdoors. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May2002, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p62
Reports the launch of the 'Go Play Outside' campaign of the Washington Wildlife Federation. Focus on grass-roots education in the community; Supporters of the initiative; Efforts to preserve the Loomis forest.