Surveying Troubled Sector, Analysts Perceive a Definite Pulse
- Deal in Focus: Off Life Support, N.H. Hospitals Raising Record Capital. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p40
Reports on the decision of the New Hampshire Health & Higher Education Facilities Authority to sell its uninsured bonds. Purpose of the sale; Value of health care and education bonds sold by the authority in 2001; Rating awarded by various U.S. rating agencies to the bonds.
- As Sector's Gloom Lifts, Maryland Hospitals Jump to Issue Debt. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p6
Focuses on efforts of Maryland health care facilities to issue bonds and take advantage of favorable financial conditions. Financial conditions that hospitals expect to exploit; Revenue bonds sold by the University System of Maryland in a day; Plans for which bond proceeds are earmarked.
- Lakeland, Fla., Health System Readies $60 Million Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p30
Reports on the plan of Lakeland Regional Health Systems to sell hospital revenue bonds in Florida. Use of the proceeds of the sale; Underwriter of the bonds; Issuance of the bonds on parity.
- Newly Appointed Okla. Bond Council Meets Amid Ongoing Legal Conflicts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p5
Reports the consideration of the bonds for projects ranging from power plants to health care facilities in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Factors affecting the pending bond issues; Accounts on the unconstitutionality of the bond approval process.
- Regional Health in South Dakota Offers $57M for Projects, Refunding. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/4/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33361, p3
The article reports on the offering of fixed-rate revenue bonds worth 57 million U.S. dollars by the Regional Health System in South Dakota to finance different capital projects and refund fixed-rate debt.
- Affirmation on Mount Sinai. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33398, p9
The article offers information that the firm Fitch Ratings Ltd. has approved the BB-plus rating on Mount Sinai Medical Center Inc. in Miami, Florida.
- MONTANA: Health Money. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p50
Reports that the Montana Facility Finance Authority will sell $5.5 million of health care facility revenue bonds in two series in December 2001. Sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds by the authority; Name of the company that will lead the negotiated sale; Ratings assigned to the bonds.
- County OKs bond issue for clinic. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the approval by the board of Cuyahoga County Commissioners in Ohio of Cleveland-based Cleveland Clinic to issue up to $175 million in bonds to refinance existing debt and pay for construction projects.
- Obtaining low bond interest rates. Bittel, Steven D.; Grill, Robbin R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov95, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p48
States that more savings for healthcare facilities can be achieved by employing a strategic approach to secure low bond interest rates. Benefits of a low interest rate; Change in the mindset of healthcare executives; Securing a low interest rate. INSET: Sample questions to determine the...