Boynton Beach, Fla., Commissioner Trying to Lure Marlins
- Jacksonville, Fla., Readies $122M Deal, Some for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p44
Reports the plan of the government to negotiate on the sale of capital improvement revenue bonds in Florida. Importance of the bond for the Alltel Stadium; Inclusion of luxury suites; Preparation of the government in Super Bowl XXXIX.
- FLORIDA: Panel: Use GOs for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32736, p9
No abstract available.
- FLORIDA: Marlins Ballpark Bonds Price. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/9/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33146, p8
The article reports on the preparations made by Florida Marlins to their new 37,000-seat retractable-roof ballpark in Florida on July 18, 2009. The baseball company prepared for the special event after Miami-Dade County priced majority of the bonds for the 515 million U.S. dollar worth of...
- Not quite getting it. McCallum, Jack; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;9/23/96, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p20
Announces that the stadium where the Miami Dolphins football team plays is changing its name from Pro Player Park. The new stadium to be called Pro Player Stadium; How the orignal name, Joe Robbie Stadium, honored the Dolphins' founder; The name change as an attempt to appease fans who felt Joe...
- Miami Refinancing Could Glean $148M for Stadium. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p5
Reports on the refinancing of Miami and Miami-Dade County, Florida's debt to carve out new money as a portion of the cost to build a stadium in downtown Miami. Plans of city officials to keep the Florida Marlins in South Florida; Need to hold a referendum to extend the city's general obligation...
- Day School Crunch. Norris, Heather // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/16/2015, Vol. 342 Issue 3, p19
A review is offered for the new state-of-the-art stadium at Scheck Community Day School in South Florida.
- SOUTHWEST FLORIDA'S TOP 15 ENTERTAINMENT VENUES. // Gulfshore Business;Aug2012, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
A table is presented which lists the top 15 entertainment venues in southwest Florida including the Germain Arena, the Alico Arena, and the Lee Civic Center.
- An almost unbearable idea. Howard, Lucy; O'Donnell, Paul // Newsweek;8/3/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Yellowstone Bear World, a tourist spot near Yellowstone Park, opened by Idaho entrepreneur Mike Ferguson. Concern of conservationists about the use of rented bears; The reason rented bears are necessary.
- Ferguson vs. Pallone. // Human Events;07/17/98, Vol. 54 Issue 27, p698
Focuses on Mike Ferguson, executive director of the Catholic Campaign of America, who is campaigning against Democrat Frank Pallone, with emphasis on Ferguson's role in politics. Background information on his life; Career achievements of Ferguson; Details on some of Ferguson's goals; Criticism...