Portland, Maine, Settles Pension Debt, Then Enters Libor Swap
- Chicago Touts Shift in Debt Practices. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;4/30/2015, p35
The article reports on the debt management changes being planned by the local government of Chicago, Illinois. Topics discussed include the additional debt being considered by the city aside from withdrawing its debt restructuring initiatives, the expected cost of its interest-rate swap...
- Debt and Deficits Revisited. // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2012, Issue 300, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses reports published within the issue including one by Darwin BondGraham on the burden of debt for public agencies with interest rate swap deals, one by Chris Nealon on the history of debt and one about transit activism in...
- Barclays avoids court with settlement over swaps misselling. Ray, Devraj // Money Marketing (Online Edition);4/8/2014, p12
The article reports on a decision by Barclays to restructure 70 million British pounds owed by Graiseley Properties over a mis-sold interest rate swap, as of April 2014.
- Cook County, Ill., OKs $2.9 Billion Budget for 2003. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31519, p4
Reports on the approval of $2.9 billion budget for fiscal 2003 in Cook County, Illinois. Plans to refund county debt and complete a planned interest-rate swap; Debt issued by the county in the year 2002; Team chosen by the county for debt refunding; Ratings of the county.
- N.Y.C. Pushing for Legislation That Would Bring $66M in Savings in Fiscal 2005. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31842, p28
Reports that legislative measures that New York City is asking the state and federal government to enact would product debt service savings in fiscal 2005. Variable interest-rate swaps on fixed-rate debt; Advance refunding on the city's debt; Appeal to eradicate the debt cap on the New York...
- Poland's commercial bank creditors on track for debt restructuring. // American Banker;7/6/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 128, p17
Reports on the commitment of Poland's commercial creditors to restructuring Poland's debt. Increase in the number of waivers for the buyback option in the restructuring deal; Other options in the deal.
- Corporate Capital Planning Debt restructuring and refinancing free up cash. Stomierowski, Peg // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the plan of business enterprises to consider debt restructuring and financing strategies to help weather the financial storm in Alaska. As part of their corporate capital planning, the companies are keeping their doors open, freeing up cash flows and acquiring weaker...
- The Problem in a Nutshell. Engelen, K. // International Economy;Winter2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p70
The article reports on the disruptive nature of a sovereign debt restructuring for four core eurozone countries, Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherland, due to their peripheral country exposure being equal to about 125 percent of their banks' capital.
- Qld govt strips $4b from state energy firms. Ludlow, Mark // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/11/2015, p10
The article focuses on the Queensland budget for the fiscal year 2015 which include debt restructuring that will allow the government to receive money from government-owned corporations to pay government debt, increase in mining royalties and avoiding 600 million U.S. dollars in interest payments.