NEWS IN BRIEF
- Market Changes Lead to S&P Review of Section 8 Bond Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p5
Reports the plan of reviewing the credit ratings of the multifamily housing bonds by Standard & Poor in the U.S. Decrease of debt service coverage; Evaluation of the excess cash flow; Implementation of rent freezes by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Moody's Affirms Bonds Sold for Maryland's Salisbury University. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p5
Reports the revision of the credit rating on the college housing bonds of Maryland Economic Development Corp. in the U.S. Stability of demand for student housing facilities; Generation of net revenue; Variation of the leasing structure.
- Rhode Island housing loan agency gets an overall AA-minus from S&P. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/12/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30455, p4
Discloses that Rhode Island Housing and Mortgage Finance Corp. received an AA-minus issuer credit rating from Standard & Poor's, as it prepared to sell $45 million of single-family revenue bonds on August 13, 1998. Significance of the credit rating; Details of Standard & Poor's analysis of the...
- S&P views Alaska Housing agency's ties with state worthy of upgrade. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/24/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30527, p28
Reports that Standard & Poor's has raised its debt rating for Alaska Housing Finance Corp. from A-plus to AA-minus. Rating given to the company's state capital project bonds; Reasons for the increase of credit rating.
- S&P publishes rating standards for lease-to-own housing deals. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p28
Reports on the release of Standard & Poor's credit rating standards for lease-to-own housing bond issues. National Council of State Housing Agencies' call for US Internal Revenue Service's investigation for this type of bonds; California Rural Home Mortgage Finance Agency's bond offering.
- Up/Downgrade Ratio Improves in Quarter. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;4/9/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Analyzes the improvement in the overall ratio of upgrade to downgrade credit rating in all bonds issued in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2001.
- Far West bond-watch. Figler, Andrea; Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30846, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues in the United States as of March 2000. Includes issuance of short-term credit rating to Los Angeles Department of Water and Power; Plan of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California to build a reservoir; Efforts of the Ballona Wetlands...
- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;06/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30418, p24
Provides information on the credit rating changes of American bonds. Includes issuer of the bond; Name of credit rating company; Comments on the rating change.
- Rating changes. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p24
Presents credit rating changes for bond issues in the United States, compiled as of July 31, 1998. Issuer; Bond issued; Amount; Change; Credit rating agency; Comments.