Fitch Gives High Marks to Two Radian Group Subsidiaries
- Bond Insurers. // American Banker;3/13/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 50, p11
The article offers information on bond insurers during the week of March 7, 2008. Ambac Financial Group Incorporated raised $1.5 billion by selling shares and convertible securities to prevent a rating cut. Moody's Investors Service Incorporated and Standard and Poor's Corporation claimed they...
- News In Brief: Mt. Sinai-NYU Rating Cut to BBB by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p2
Reports that rating agency Fitch Inc. has downgraded its rating of New York-based Mount Sinai-NYU Health System's outstanding bonds. Doubts expressed by Fitch regarding the Health System's leadership structure.
- Reeling Mount Sinai Medical Center in Florida Gets Slammed by Fitch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31290, p32
Reports on the downgrading of debt by the U.S. rating agency Fitch Inc., issued by Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida which was the most drastic rating action on the health care bond issue. Impacts of the financial downfall on the officials of the medical center; Steps taken by turnaround...
- Fitch rates Miss. Garvee bonds AAA. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p2
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s rating of Mississippi's upcoming $200 million Garvee bond issue.
- NYC GOs raised to A by Fitch IBCA. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/09/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30594, p2
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s upgrading of New York City's $26 billion of the outstanding general obligation debt. Reasons for the upgrade; Criticism on the city's financial dependence on Wall Street; Remarks from Alan Hevesi, city comptroller.
- Fitch will use report to shine light on the practice of ratings shopping. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p32
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s plans to use the result of its default study to examine the alleged practice of ratings shopping by bond issuers in the United States. Project planned to compare Fitch's ratings with those of competing rating agencies; Impact of comparison shopping on the bond market.
- Despite Asian crisis, Hawaii nabs AA-minus from Fitch for first-time GO rating. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;11/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30512, p34
Reports on Fitch IBCA Inc.'s AA-minus rating for Hawaii's $3.3 billion general obligation bonds. Implications of the initial ratings; Basis for the rating; Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investor Service's ratings for the issue.
- Fitch raises Detroit GO bonds to A-minus. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;03/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30608, p2
Reports on Fitch Inc.'s upgrading of the bond rating of Detroit, Michigan, from BBB-plus to A-minus.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p2
A correction to the article "Moody's Goes Negative on Bond Insurance Industry" that was published in the April 27, 2012 issue is presented.