Essex County, N.J., Citing Moody's, to Proceed With Deal
- Al Intercept Program. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p35
Reports on the assignment of Moody's Investors Service Inc. of rating to the bond issued by Kentucky Public University Intercept Program. Passage of a legislation that creates the program; Plan of the agency to publish individual rating reports on the debt; Assignment of a negative outlook to...
- VIRGINIA: State Keeps Top-10 Status. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32717, p9
The article reports that Virginia state has maintained its status as a Tier 1 state, as indicated at Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s U.S. States Credit Scorecard. According to the report, the ranking places the state as one of the top 10 for credit strength. The rating agency has also...
- Kentucky Agency Readies$265M Sale Ahead of Supreme Court Uncertainty. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32564, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Kentucky Property and Buildings Commission to issue a revenue bond deal worth about $265 million. The move is expected to affect $5 billion of outstanding lease appropriation-backed debt issued by the commission. On the other hand, Moody's Investors Service...
- Walking On Fiscal Eggshells. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/30/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33654, p1
The article reports on the bond rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the general obligation of Connecticut. It states that the credit rating agency downgraded the state's general obligation bond rating from Aa2 to Aa3. According to Moody's, the downgrade was resulted from...
- MICHIGAN: Pontiac Schools Rating Cut. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/14/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33962, p5
The article describes the lowering of financial rating of the Pontiac City School District, Michigan by the bond credit rating business Moody's Investors Service Inc. on August, 8, 2013.
- Hard Noses At Agencies. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/1/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 26, p13
Reports the conservatism rating agency, Moody's Investors Service in the U.S. Expansion and realignment of analyst from Moody; Focus on energy trading sector; Decision of Moody to downgrade Calpine Corp. to junk status.
- Borrowers could handle incremental rises in the base rate, says Moody's. THOMAS, PAUL // Mortgage Strategy;8/5/2015, p8
The article reports on the claim of ratings agency Moody's that borrowers in Great Britain will be able to handle incremental increases in base rate and arrears levels are likely to rise only slightly.
- Louisiana Dodges Rating Downgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;8/7/2015, p27
The article discusses the U.S. state of Louisiana which has avoided a downgrade rating on its upcoming bond sale and mentions the concerns of rating agencies regarding its budget structural imbalance. Topics discussed include the rating given to Louisiana by financial rating services agencies...
- CALIFORNIA: Stem Cell GOs Get Global Aaa. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p9
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned its Aaa global scale rating to California's forthcoming general obligation (GO) bond sale for its stem cell medical research program on September 18, 2007. The report noted that the planned $250 million bond issue, expected to...