Rhode Island Hops on Bandwagon to Tax Internet Sales
- Bills Would Ban Taxes on Some E-Purchases. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33517, p5
The article reports on the bills introduced by the U.S. Senate and House which prohibit states and localities to impose tax on electronic transactions.
- Sara Jerome Texas House defies Perron online collections sales fax. Jerome, Sara // Hill;6/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 83, p15
The article reports on the refusal of the Texas House to get rid of a provision which intends to tighten tax rules on online retailers in the state in 2011.
- Recent action on Internet taxation. // Congressional Digest;May2000, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p141
Reports issues regarding policy for Internet taxation in the United States. Bills approved by President Bill Clinton in 1998 imposing taxes to Internet access; Legislations on Internet taxation pending in the US Congress; Senate Budget Committee hearings on Internet Taxation on February 2,...
- Tax-free cyberspace. // State Government News;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
Reports that states will be prohibited from taxing sales over the Internet under United States federal bills nearing final approval in October 1998. Purpose of the bills; State leaders' reaction to the bills.
- Too soon for Internet sales tax. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/11/2000, Issue 322667, p30
Editorial. Focuses on Internet sales taxation in California. Proposed bill by the California State Legislature.
- Bill in House Aims to Encourage Interstate Tax Compact. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31120, p5
Reports on a bill to extend the current Internet tax moratorium in the United States. Formation of an 'Interstate Sales and Use Tax Compact'; Imposition of uniform definitions for goods and services on participating states.
- Issues and proposed solutions. // Congressional Digest;May2000, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p132
Focuses on issues regarding Internet taxation policy in the United States. Enactment of the 1998 Internet Tax Freedom Act; Proposed resolutions seeking a permanent status of Federal moratorium on State and local taxes on Internet; Proposal of Senator Ernest Hollings to impose a five percent...
- Summary of the Internet Tax Freedom Act. // Congressional Digest;May2000, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p134
Outlines the Internet Tax Freedom Act in the United States. Imposition of taxes of Internet access by State and local governments; Requirement for buyers and sellers of electronic commerce to taxation in multiple States; Establishment of the Advisory Commission on Electronic Commerce; Exception...
- Utah Enacts Online Sales Tax Reform. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31103, p29
Reports on the enactment of a sales tax reform legislation in Utah which was promoted by the Streamlined Sales Tax Project, a state coalition trying to facilitate the handling of online sales taxation of states. Organizations supporting the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Model legislation...