New Runways Unlikely at N.Y.C. Airports
- Prior Planning Promotes Profitable Performance. Jones, Jack; Vandenberg, Hoyt S. // Officer Review Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p20
This article reports that the U.S. Policy Planning Committee met in San Antonio, Texas, to work on Strategic Plan 2005. The first day took on the appearance of a "think tank," where committee members read, pondered, brain stormed and bounced ideas back and forth in an effort to not only set...
- 98th Congress To Tackle Issues Unresolved by Its Predecessor. Mirga, Tom; White, Eileen // Education Week;1/12/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p10
The article reports on the 98th Congress first session which was held in Washington D.C., on January 1983. The Congress has been preoccupied with issues on budgetary and has failed to deal with issues relating to education. According to the Capitol Hill sources that the fiscal 1983 federal...
- Yet another turf dispute. // National Journal;4/05/97, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p643
Reports that turf dispute between the US Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee and the Judiciary Committee could come to the fore if media magnate Rupert Murdoch's satellite broadcast venture leads to a rewriting of copyright laws.
- Congress picks new Republican panel leaders. Limbacher, Patricial B. // Pensions & Investments;2/20/95, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the US Congress' selection of Republican leaders to head different panels. Ban of proxy voting in committees; Reduction in committee staff; Changes in names of committees.
- The banking committees. // American Banker;3/3/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 42, p12
Features the members of the Senate and House banking committees. Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez; Rep. Stephen L. Neal; Rep. John J. LaFalce; Sen. Richard H. Bryan; Sen. Barbara Boxer; More.
- Industry looking for its allies among rookies on bank panel. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;12/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 245, p3
Reports that half of the House Banking Committee's new members have never held office before. Increase in Jim Leach's voting bloc; Retention of Democrats seniority on Appropriations and Ways and Means.
- Friends of Puerto Rico revived. // Caribbean Business;4/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p36
Reports on the revival of the Friends of Puerto Rico Committee in the United States Congress. Efforts of congressman Michael Forbes in reviving the committee; Role of the committee in pursuing policies and laws that are of benefit to the island; Plans of Forbes to obtain an increase in federal...
- The shrinking roster of congressional committees. // National Journal;7/29/96, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p1958
Presents data on the number of congressional committees and subcommittees of the United States for 1974-1994.
- Houses nixes committee funding rule. // Human Events;04/04/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p23
Presents a chart indicating the votes of congressmen during deliberations at the US House of Representatives on the resolution authorizing appropriation of the chamber's committees. Rebellion of 11 conservative members; Need to streamline the federal government; Funding for the Government...