Municipal Bonds Fininsh Higher; Puerto Rico PFC priced for Retail
- CPI report fuels inflation worries. Sherman, Lynn; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p1
Reports on the fall of secondary municipal bond prices due to United States market's reaction to news on inflation. Headlines of 0.3 percent jump in the consumer price index's core rate; Slim trading in the secondary; Municipal players' decision to wait for allotments from the Long Island Power...
- Market Post: Puerto Rico GOs Leading January Muni Rally. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;1/30/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34052, p1
The article reports that Puerto Rico general obligations (GOs) have outperformed AAA-rated GOs as municipal bonds have rallied as of January 2014. It mentions that yield on 10-year Puerto Rico bonds has fallen 69 basis points since the start of the year, compared with a 30 basis point-drop on...
- Indexes Mostly Higher, Though One-Year Sets New Low. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p44
The Bond Buyer yield indexes were mostly higher in the week ending June 20, 2003. On June 16, Treasury prices declined, while municipal bonds rose three basis points. On June 17, Treasury prices plunged, stocks were stagnant, and municipal bonds rose between five and seven basis points. On June...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32064, p32
This article provides market statistics, which are clubbed under market indicators, short-term tax exempt yields, the United States securities prices, municipal market data general obligation yields, and visible supply rises.
- Munis Weaken, Following Treasuries: Puerto Rico Agency Sells $1.2 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31902, p2
Reports that the municipal bonds has weakened due to the decline in the Treasury market in the U.S. Impact of the comment of Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan on the weakness of the bonds; Sale of five-year notes; Issuance of new pricing for bonds.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p37
Presents several charts depicting the public finance in the United States as of August 2001. Details on the prices of securities; Presentation of municipal bond index employing coefficients derived from pricing; Forecast on the municipal market data general obligation yields.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, June 1. // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p2
Presents data on the municipal bonds market as of June 1, 2000. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Municipal futures.
- Market Close: Munis Weaker Again as Total Volume Fell. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/13/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34011, p1
The article offers information related to condition of municipal bond market on November 12, 2013, which has been traded a few basis points weaker as the secondary market faded and market participants prepared for pricings of new deals.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/24/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34131, p1
The article discusses results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds in various U.S. states as of June 2014 including General Obligation Warrants in Athens, Alabama, the California School Finance Authority's School Facility Revenue Bonds, and Senior Housing Rent Revenue Bonds in Columbus, Georgia.