N.Y. Agency: IRS Is Investigating Our Zero-Coupon Bond Issue
- Financial Commission stuck -- has cash but no members. Brush, Silla; Allen, Jared // Hill;7/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 77, p1
The article reports on the delay of naming 10 members for the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission in the U.S.
- THE AU COMMISSION OF INQUIRY ON SOUTH SUDAN TO UNDERTAKE ITS FIRST FIELD MISSION TO JUBA. // African Business News;4/22/2014, p27
The article reports that the African Union (AU) Commission of Inquiry on South Sudan will conduct its first field mission in South Sudan from April 21, 2014 to May 1, 2014.
- Muckraking in the sewers. Sheremata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/15/95, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the possibility of a plumbing company running a scam on the city floodproofing program of Edmonton, Alberta. Details of the possible scam; Probe launched by Edmonton Police; Charges of harassment by Civic Workers Union No. 52 President Marion Leskiw.
- Public Hearing Notice. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p2
The article offers information on the continuation of the Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District Board of Directors Public Hearing to be held at the Auditorium of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas, on August 26, 2006.
- Leaders balk at setting up truth panel. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;4/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the refusal of the leaders of the Democrats of the setting up of a Truth Commission in the U.S.
- Inquiring minds move too slow. Avram, Joshua // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;04/21/97, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p10
Opinion. Questions the effectiveness of royal commissions in investigating political matters in Canada. Chart of commissions of inquiry since 1982; Results from the Somalian inquiry; Costs to the taxpayers from the various inquiries; Call for reform of the inquiry process.
- WA: The royal commission state. Laurie, Victoria // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/19/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5988, p18
Examines the effectiveness of royal commissions in heading government inquiries in Australia. Details of the Wanneroo Inc. royal commission; Public opinion regarding royal commissions; Dangers associated with the use of royal commissions.
- SEC Says Litigation Load's Getting Heavier. // American Banker;8/6/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 150, p18
Mentions a rise in the number of litigants fighting charges brought by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) since 2000, according to SEC officials. How the trend could stretch the resources of the agency which is trying to get harsher penalties for violations; Data on...
- Powell Grants Dereg Hearing in Richmond. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 50, p8
Reports on a planned field hearing on proposed changes to media ownership limits organized by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) commissioners to hear what average Americans think about media consolidation. Proposals being reviewed by commissioners; Factors preventing additional...