Indianapolis May Issue $500 Million to Fix Schools
- IPS Bond issue deserves support. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p12
Comments on the need for support to the bond issue for improvement of public school buildings in Indianapolis, Indiana. Number of the district's facilities in varying stages of unacceptable disrepair and the lack of accessible bathrooms, science labs and air conditioning; Financial allocation to...
- State lawmakers should pass Vallas' bonding plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p10
Examines the need to Illinois state lawmakers to pass the proposal of Chicago Public Schools chief executive Paul Vallas to issue bonds for school construction. Necessity of constructing and renovating schools in the area.
- D.C. Council Weighs Bills to Fund School Modernization. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/27/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32120, p3
The article reports that the District of Columbia Council chairperson Linda Cropp introduced legislation on April 26, 2005 that could lead to issuance of as much as $100 million in tax-exempt revenue bonds in the first year of a proposed program to finance the modernization of the district's...
- Bonds Along the Border. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p1
The article reports on the issues regarding plans to build new public schools for the increasing population of students in Dallas, Texas. According to the report, the 550-square-mile Fort Bliss Army post has been preparing a $2.5 billion expansion that is expected to bring up to 10,000 students...
- Ascension Parish, La., Schools Sets $100M Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/25/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33138, p4
The article reports that voters in Ascension Parish in Louisiana will vote on October 17, 2009 whether to approve or not on a $100 million general obligation bond package for the public school construction and renewal program. It notes that the trustees of the school district of the area have...
- Cleveland Voters OK Bonds To Repair Schools. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;05/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the approval given by voters in Cleveland, Ohio to use bonds to finance school building repair projects in the city. Amount of targeted bonds; Areas which need the most immediate repair work.
- Pritchett pulls out all stops for IPS. Maurer, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p12A
Reports on the scheme that resulted in a bond issue of $250 million for the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) system in Indianapolis, Indiana. Use of the money to build new schools, air-condition high schools and establish science laboratories in some of the middle schools; Interpretation of IPS...
- Milwaukee Delays Most of QSCB Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/16/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33234, p1
The article reports on the sale of Milwaukee Public Schools' qualified school construction bond issue for about 12 million U.S. dollars. It mentions that Milwaukee, Wisconsin has taken the bid after receiving six bids from two underwriters which are Stifel Nicolaus & Co. and George K. Baum & Co....
- Detroit schools in the market for land to build on. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;03/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Reports that the Detroit Public Schools will announce plans in April 2001 to close some older and underused buildings, build 12 schools and renovate and upgrade all existing buildings. Increase in the costs of construction and land; Land purchased by the schools.