Law Guide Seeks to Help FAs Navigate Rocks and Hard Places
- Copyright of Legal Materials: From Wheaton to West--Shaping the Practice of Law in America. CHESKIS, JOEL HOWARD // Communications & the Law;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the issue of copyright protection of legal materials and its impact on the legal profession and the publishing industry. History and effect of legal publication; Information on the need for and inception of a legal publishing company; Applicable copyright law and a proposed solution;...
- Geiger Counter of the Law Library. // Labor Law Journal;Dec53, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p842
Focuses on contents of the book 'Effective Legal Research,' on Law Library. Author of the book; Problem of primary interest to a legal researcher; Various search techniques suggested by the author for law publications.
- Maybe analysts could start their own self-regulatory body, Doty says. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/29/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30488, p7
Reports on American Government Services Co. head Robert Doty's advice for financial advisers in the municipal market to consider establishing a self-regulatory organization that would set standards for everyone in the advisory business. Recommendation of a regulatory framework under which...
- OBITUARY. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/29/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p29
The article presents an obituary for Robert J. Doty, Sr. , founder of Television Productions International Inc.
- Editorial. McEwen, Celina // Bulletin of Good Practice in Popular Education;2002, Issue 6, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the varied shapes, forms and traditions of Community Legal Education (CLE). Information on CLE; Difficulties encountered in researching the topic; Plans to edit a magazine issue dedicated to community education and community building about the law and justice.
- Doty honored with Nevada Minority Small Business Person of the Year award. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 53, p19
Reports that Quest Intelligence Bureau president Robert Doty was awarded the Minority Small Business Person of the Year for the State of Nevada by the US Small Business Administration.
- The commoning of the common law: The Renaissance debate over printing English law, 1520-1640. Ross, Richard J. // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jan98, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p323
Focuses on the disagreements over the promises and drawbacks of legal publishing in England. Justification of law printing offered in Henrician England; Political and social effects of the books; Dispute over the perceived threats and advantages of legal publishing; Effects of the controversy...
- AGFS' Robert Doty Points Out Risky Bond Sectors. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33724, p5
The article focuses on the statement of municipal bond expert Robert Doty saying that the risk of default for municipal bonds is focused in those that are dependent on private profit or nonprofit institutions' performance.
- Muni Vets Doty and Raineri Combine Their FA Practice. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;2/9/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33661, p5
The article announces that Robert Doty of the American Governmental Financial Strategies (AGFS) has joined GFS as senior vice president and general counsel.