Denver Aquarium Expected to Miss Payment on Bond Interest
- Denver Aquarium Struggles to Rise from Financial Depths. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31211, p3
Reports that officials with Denver, Colorado aquarium Ocean Journey will meet to find solutions to financial problems that have resulted in a technical default on a 57 million dollar revenue bond deal. Structure of the bonds.
- Oregon Aquarium Descends D-Deeper Into Junk Territory. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p4
Reports on the reduction in credit rating of outstanding revenue bonds issued for the Oregon Coast Aquarium by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's. Reasons for the lowering of credit rating; Discrepancies in accounting of the aquarium.
- Chicago's DePaul Univ., Shedd Aquarium Deals Inch Forward. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30938, p36
Reports on the proposed bond issues by DePaul University and the John G. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago being reviewed by the Illinois Educational Facilities Authority. Structure of the deals; Size of the issues; Use of proceeds from the offerings.
- Long Beach Aims to Give Its Aquarium Some Breathing Room. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p28
Reports the plans of Aquarium of the Pacific to refinance the outstanding revenue bonds in Long beach, California. Account on the number of projected tourist in the aquarium; Description of the aquarium; Dependence of bond ratings on security for the deal.
- $12.1 million refunding deal should keep Maryland investors satisfied. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/20/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30255, p9
No abstract available.
- Seeking Shelter From the Storm in Munis. Legomsky, Joanne // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, Mutual Funds p18
Focuses on investment in Treasury bonds in the United States. Fallibility of the U.S. equity markets; Earnings of corporate bonds; Bonds versus funds.
- Biggest Bond Portfolios: 1995-99. // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p34
Presents a chart related to the biggest bond portfolios in the United States in the first half of 2000.
- $1B California Deal Draws Mixed Reactions From Fund Managers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p1
Reports the reaction of fund managers to the sale of general obligation bonds by the state of California. Attitude of the state treasurer toward the sale; Comment of investment advisers on the bond sale; Projects intended for the bond proceeds.
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.