June PPI Down, Core Rate Up
- Producer Price Index falls 0.8% in April. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;6/1/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p9
Reports on a decline in the Producer Price Index of the United States in May 2000. Impact of the increase in interest rates; Volatility of energy and food prices; Acceleration of production by factories, mines and utilities.
- Price fall could lead to more interest rate cuts. // Eastern Eye;2/20/2015, Issue 1290, p14
The article reports that decline in the India's Wholesale Price Index (WPI) could lead to more interest rate cuts.
- Barclays' chair agrees 'in principle' with end of free banking. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing (Online Edition);8/13/2012, p14
The article reports that charging for bank accounts might have avoided several misselling scandals of products in Great Britain. According to Sir David Walker, chairman of Barclays PLC, the end of free banking and charging for bank accounts might have avoided several Producer Price Index (PPI)...
- Colombia: BanRep Showing Undue Aggression? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p12
The article reports that the lagged effects of 350bps worth of Colombia's monetary tightening since April 2006 are finally beginning to bite. The real rate of interest has climbed to 3.70% in September 2007, marking its highest level since 2003. The trend is strongly seen when substituting...
- NEWS this week: Local. // Finance Week;11/3/2003, p6
Reports that South African producer prices declined in October 2003. Deceleration in consumer inflation; Possibility of having another interest rate cut in December.
- India: No Monetary Policy Change Expected. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/10/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p7
Reports that the Reserve Bank of India will not change its interest rates in its monetary policy statement for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2005. Wholesale-price index during the week ending April 24, 2004; Total foreign reserves of the bank in 2003.
- Inflation Tame in April Producer Prices. // American Banker;5/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 93, p26
Reports on the decrease of the producer price index as of May 15, 2000. Rise in inventory-sales ratio; Outlook; Expectation that the United States Federal Reserve will continue to raise interest rates.
- Monetary Policy. // India Tourism Report;Q1 2009, p22
The article focuses on monetary policy in India. Monetary easing is expected to continue in 2009 due to efforts of policymakers to decelerate the slowdown of economic growth but interest rate cuts would not be as aggressive compared with the fourth quarter of 2008. However, the central bank may...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, November 16. // Bond Buyer;11/17/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32012, p2
The article presents a chart related to U.S. economic indicators as of November 16, 2004.