Getting Down and Dirty in Effort To Fix Nation's Antiquated Sewers
- D.C. Plan, Including $400M of GOs, Sails Through Panel. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2005 spending bill approved by the House Appropriations subcommittee in Washington D.C. Authority for the issuance of general obligation bonds included in the bill; Approval of mayor Anthony Williams to the budget; Amount included in the package to continue implementation...
- CSO control revitalizes stretch of the Mississippi. // American City & County;Dec96, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p30
Reports on the sewer separation program for combined sewer control (CSO) control in Saint Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. Role of the program the stretch of the Mississippi River that flows through the area; Background of the CSO program; Key features of the program; Companies involved in the...
- DETROIT ISSUES FIRST CONTRACTS ON ITS $1-BILLION CSO OVERHAUL. Roe, Andrew // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/02/99, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the two key construction contracts issued by the city of Detroit, Michigan for the overhaul of its combined sewer overflow (CSO) program. Value of the CSO program; Efforts to regulate the CSO discharges; Response of the city to its National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit.
- Tunnel will keep overflow sewage out. // Underground Construction;Aug2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on the 19 million dollars underground sewer tunnel project which eliminates the 30 percent of Indiana's annual volume of sewage overflows into the Wabash River.
- Critical velocity of floatables in Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) chambers. Cigana, J.; Lefebvre, G.; Marche, C. // Water Science & Technology;2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2/3, p287
Examines the critical velocity of floatables in combined sewer overflow chambers in Montreal, Quebec. Efficiency of underflow baffles; Development of critical horizontal velocity in the overflow chamber; Details of the equation relating the critical horizontal velocity to the vertical velocity.
- Toronto set to build $47-million CSO tunnel. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/26/93, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the Toronto city council's approval of the construction of a tunnel to capture combined sewer overflows (CSO). Storage of more than 25 million gallons per day; Waste water treatment; Design-build-finance packages.
- Next CSO Improvements Focus On City's East Side. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 14, pB5
Reports on the launch of the Phase II of the combined sewer overflow improvement project in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Reduction in the combined sewer overflows into the Grand River; Details of the Phase I of the project; Budget for the project.
- $500 million CSO project begins in Rhode Island. // WaterWorld;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the design phase of a combined sewer overflow program to be implemented in Rhode Island. Cleanup of overflow sewage pollution of Narragansett Bay; Scope of the project; Construction of a tunnel pumping station; Selection of Sverdrup Civil Inc. to provide tunnel design services.
- Roundtable: Combined sewer overflow compliance. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
Features a condensed version of a `WaterWorld' Roundtable discussion of the challenges associated with Combined Sewer Overflows (CSO), held on October 18, 1994 in Chicago, Illinois. Current state of compliance among systems with combined sewers; Citizen lawsuits filed against cities that violate...