Fidesz: Nothing To Worry About Yet
- Fidesz-KDNP in landslide victory; to retain two-thirds Parliamentary majority. // Hungary A.M.;4/7/2014, p1
The article reports on the landslide victory of Fidesz-Christian Democratic People's Party (KDNP) coalition in the 2014 election in Hungary. It says that the coalition lead by Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n has gained 44.5% support from Valasztas.hu while the Unity coalition gained...
- The Luckiest People in Hungary. Szlanko, Balint // Transitions Online;12/2/2013, p8
The article offers information on the potential success of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban's political party Fidesz in the 2014 elections. It mentions that the weakness of the opposition, populism, and apathy are among the factors of Orban's success. It adds that the far-right party Jobbik...
- FROM A SUPPRESSED ANTI-COMMUNIST DISSIDENT MOVEMENT TO A GOVERNING PARTY: THE TRANSFORMATIONS OF FIDESZ IN HUNGARY. Szabó, Máté // Corvinus Journal of Sociology & Social Policy;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p47
FIDESZ, as an outlawed protest movement of the KÃ¡dÃ¡r era, has preserved their specific type of "outlawed and clandestine" political tradition and identity. A strong anti-communism, a popular mobilizing strategy and an atmosphere of hatred towards the agents of Hungary's communist past...
- EU elections: Fidesz extends lead, Jobbik running second over scattered left. // Hungary A.M.;5/16/2014, p5
The article reports on the projected victory of Fidesz Party, the ruling political party of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n in the upcoming European Union parliamentary election in 2014.
- Hungary's ruling party declares victory based on early results. // Regional Today;4/7/2014, p4
The article reports on the victory of Fidesz political party in Hungary in a parliament election on April 6, 2014 which gave another four years for Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n in political power.
- PM: Fidesz has its 'third win'. // Hungary A.M.;10/14/2014, p6
The article discusses victory of Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor OrbÃ¡n and his Fidesz party in the municipal elections of Hungary in 2014.
- Poll shows Fidesz ahead with strong lead. // Hungary A.M.;03/14/2013, p6
The article reports on the potential victory of the governing Fidesz party at the election to be held in Hungary in March 2013.
- FORWARD SPIN. Purvis, Andrew // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/8/2002, Issue 13, p50
Examines the general elections being held in Hungary in April 2002. The ruling right-wing Fidesz Party; The Hungarian Socialist Party as Fidesz's main rival; How the winning party will lead Hungary into the European Union by 2004; Economic recovery in Hungary; The similar domestic and foreign...
- Socialists slam Fidesz policies in Budapest. // Hungary A.M.;6/13/2014, p5
The article reports that the Socialist criticizes the decision of the Fidesz party to change municipal electoral system in Budapest, Hungary.