JUDGE BRANCH OF GREENE COUNTY
- KIDS COPS & BEBOPPERS. Hostutler, Jason L. // Wisconsin Magazine of History;Autumn2009, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p14
The article explores the history of juvenile delinquency and youth crimes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin during the 1950s. The author reflects on changing childhood classifications, parental authority, and the culture and personality of the teenager. The formation of the Metropolitan Youth Commission...
- EDUCATIONALLY DISAFFECTED YOUNG OFFENDERS. Ball, Caroline; Connolly, Jo // British Journal of Criminology;Autumn2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p594
Examines the provision of pre-sentence school-based information to courts and the extent to which supervision by the youth justice agencies made any impact on the educational situation of, or subsequent offending by, defendants. Links between educational disaffection and delinquency; Courts'...
- OFFENSE SPECIALIZATION AND ESCALATION AMONG STATUS OFFENDERS. Datesman, Susan K.; Aickin, Mikel // Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology;Winter1984, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1246
This article discusses research on issues of offense specialization and escalation among status offenders using both official and self-reported data in the U.S. in 1984. Based on the official data, it seems that a case may be made for the existence of a specialized status offender group, at...
- Juvenile Court Records and Markov Chains. White, David; Uh, Soo Hong; Andriano, Kim // Law & Human Behavior (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.);1977, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p217
No abstract available.
- I'll Do the Crime; you Do the Time. // Know Your World Extra;12/7/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
The article presents a debate over whether parents should be held responsible for their children's crime. On one side of the debate, it is suggested that parents should be punished for their children's crime. Proponents argue that children misbehave because parents are not paying attention to...
- Reclaiming Incarcerated Youths Through Education. White, Carter // Corrections Today;Apr2002, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p174
Describes the inherent complexities in addressing the educational needs of incarcerated youths in the U.S. Demographics of juvenile offenders; Racial composition of the juvenile population in the U.S. in 1997; Examples of juvenile crimes in the country; Predictors of delinquency; Components of...
- Editorial. // PROBATION junior;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the authors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including the youth crime in Great Britain, risk factors for juvenile delinquency, and the delinquent behaviour at the Probation Service of Sibiu in Romania.
- The Facts on Juvenile Crime. // Scholastic Scope;10/15/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
Reports the decline of juvenile crimes in the United States. Statistics of juvenile crimes in the year 1999; Coverage of teen-crime tragedies by the press; Inquiry on the fairness of press coverage of juvenile crimes.
- Operation Linebacker. Girod, Robert // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jul99, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p7
Describes the Operation Linebacker, a juvenile interdiction sweeps program developed by the police department at Fort Wayne, Indiana. Where the program team officers and police reserves of this program are from; Theory upon which the program works; Target; Role of program coordinators; How to...