MARINERS GOT THEIR START WHILE MEMBERS OF COAST GUARD
- THE MARINERS. // Ebony;Feb1954, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p83
The article focuses on The Mariners, an interracial quartet who are seen and heard over the combined radio and television (TV) facilities of the Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS).
- The Soul Within. Wooten, Kristi York // Atlanta;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p28
The article presents a brief note on the musical career of ethereal singer, India Arie.
- GOING FOR GETZ. Kearns, Michael // Advocate;10/29/85, Issue 432, ADVOCATE WEST p8
Profiles American singer, Mara Getz. Reputation; Singing career; Career background; Album releases.
- Stars who make big money after death. // Jet;06/23/97, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p54
Looks at several musical stars who make big money after their death. Bob Marley; Jimi Hendrix; Nat King Cole; Notorious B.I.G.; Tupac Shakur; Phyllis Hyman; Mahalia Jackson; Duke Ellington; Jackie Wilson.
- MATHERS' DAY. // Entertainment Weekly;6/14/2002, Issue 658, p101
Presents the ranking of musical recordings and singers as of June 14, 2002.
- Hear & Now. // Entertainment Weekly;
Presents updates on several musicians and actor singers in the music industry as of October 27, 2000.
- Just how powerful are they? E. G. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/19/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 144, p16
The article presents information on what makes female singers more popular than male singers.
- Local Noise Acts To Watch. Schulman, Sandra // Billboard;05/15/99, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p52
Provides information on several local music performers in Miami, Florida. Amy Carol Webb; Backlive; Matt Kramer; Goods; Volumen Cero.
- DEBUT TUNES. // Dolly;Jun2014, Issue 522, p19
A match quiz about singers is presented.