- DIVINE PROMISES EVERLASTING LIFE ON EARTH TO FOLLOWERS. // Ebony;Feb1954, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p31
The article focuses on religious cult leader Father M. J. Divine who outlawed sex among his followers, and promises his followers eternal life on earth which he asserts would negate the necessity for sex and having children.
- DIVINE DRAWS HIS FOLLOWING FROM BOTH WEALTHY AND POOR. // Ebony;Feb1954, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the followers of religious cult leader Father M. J. Divine which encompass any race, social status, and educational attainment.
- SOME WOMEN FIND RELIGIOUS FERVOR SUBSTITUTE FOR SEX. // Ebony;Feb1954, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p32
The article reports on how the followers of religious cult leader Father M. J. Divine get sexual gratification out of their spiritual worship of the cultist, as observed by sociologist Sara Harris and writer John Hoshor.
- M. J. DIVINE (FATHER DIVINE). JOHNS, ROBERT L. // Black Heroes;2001, p182
An encyclopedia entry for African American religious leader M. J. Divine is presented. Born George Baker Jr. in May 1879, Father Divine, as he was more commonly known, was thought of as a leader of a religious cult that attracted widespread and often hostile attention in the 1930s. Among his...
- Father Divine and the Struggle for Racial Equality. Moses, Wilson J. // Journal of American History;Dec1983, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p712
Reviews the book "Father Divine and the Struggle for Racial Equality," by Robert Weisbrot.
- Virginity. Arenofsky, Janice // Current Health 2;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the growing support for sexual abstinence among teenagers in the United States. Consequences of early sex; Grassroots youth organizations that support virginity; Media's role in distorting the truth about sex and relationships; Social factors that pressure teenagers to have sex;...
- Why true love waits. // Campus Life;Sep94, Vol. 53 Issue 2, Radical View p2
Discusses the case of a couple in love who are thinking about having a sexual relationship and looks at the issues they should consider. How the God that invented sex gives us directions for its celebration; Paul's advice on sex; Reasons for postponing sex until marriage.
- Sex under control. // Campus Life;Sep94, Vol. 53 Issue 2, Radical View p10
Advises that a good relationship doesn't ignore the power of sexuality and offers some fundamentals for keeping that power under control. Agreement on not compromising the sense of what's right; Definition of limits ahead of time; Refusal to push the limits.
- Life without sex. Smith, Theresa // Essence (Essence);Jul93, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p56
Narrates an experience of a year without sex. Regard for priests and nuns; Working and dating; Friends; Forced chastity; Erotic convolutions.